Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Board,

I just got back from purchasing a '70 GT in Augusta Ga., and driving it back to Tallahassee, FL., (see "20 Year Dream...") when lo and behold a '70 GT parts car is put up for sale in the local shoppers guide. It's actually in Monticello, FL. which is only 25 miles from Tally.

The car has a wrecked right front end and and is missing the windshield (probably from the wreck). I don't think it would be a great candidate for restoration, HOWEVER, it has a running (according to the owner) rebuilt engine and good transmission in it (crud, I forgot to ask, but I would guess a 4 speed). I only want the doors off of it - I don't even need the windows. The guy wants $300 but said he would take $200 just to get rid of it. I have no place to store another vehicle for any great length of time, so I was wondering if any of you were interested in a good parts car and would let me take the doors for $50. That's $150 for an engine, transmission, axles, etc. That's a good deal for both of us. I could purchase the car and hold it till you come get it. If interested, let me know. If you want to talk to the guy personally, his name is Roger and his number is 850-294-5287.

Jim.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey gorednknot, if you'd like to work out a deal, I need the drivetrane and one or two other parts. give me a call, and we can work out the doors and what ever else you need.

591-7022 I'm right here in Tally

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Marcus,

Why haven't I seen you around town? And here I thought I would have the only GT in town, and you have two!

Listen, I went by and looked at the car in Monticello. It is sitting out in a field under a tree where it has obviously been for many years. The doors are worthless - full of bullet holes. There were other bullet holes in the body, so I couldn't say with any certainty what if anything important got hit. Since you are here in town, you might want to take a look at it. I could use the ignition switch off of it. A refurb is like $49. The way the guy talked, the engine ran and the transmission (4 sp.) was good. I don't know. To me, it looked like nothing, save a few instruments, was even salvageable. The way the car is situated, I couldn't see under it to inspect the drive train.

I'll give you a call. I would like to meet up with you. If you didn't see my post of a few days ago, my first car that I ever bought was a '73 GT. I sold it but got another, however the engine blew up on it and I couldn't afford to fix/move it, so I lost it. I have waited all this time, right at 20 years, to get one and restore it. Just last Saturday I drove one back from Augusta, GA. It needs some work, but it runs beautifully, except for the occassional short in the ignition switch...It, like yours, is yellow. I'll have to fix that.

Jim

524-1820

1 - 4 of 4 Posts