Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2nd owner (for last 21 years), good condition, very original, one decent repaint, great original interior. Includes numerous repair and informational manuals specific to the Opel GT. Also comes with used drive train, 2 doors, extra side and rear windows, suspension, seat frames, hood, front belly pan and several totes of smaller parts. New parts included are front windshield, aluminum radiator w/8-blade fan, and starter. Low miles on professionally rebuilt 1900cc engine. See 1970 Opel GT - MotorSports Magazine Online! for more details.
Asking $12K OBRO.
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
Very nice Opel GT. Maybe I missed it, but what year is it? Too bad you have to sell it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice Opel GT. Maybe I missed it, but what year is it? Too bad you have to sell it.
2nd owner (for last 21 years), good condition, very original, one decent repaint, great original interior. Includes numerous repair and informational manuals specific to the Opel GT. Also comes with used drive train, 2 doors, extra side and rear windows, suspension, seat frames, hood, front belly pan and several totes of smaller parts. New parts included are front windshield, aluminum radiator w/8-blade fan, and starter. Low miles on professionally rebuilt 1900cc engine.
Asking $12K OBRO. View attachment 426756 View attachment 426757 View attachment 426758 View attachment 426760 View attachment 426759
Thanks! Yes, I hate to sell it as well but just can't handle upkeep/maintenance on 3 daily drivers, and upkeep/maintenance along with routinely driving our 3 'classics' anymore. Neither wife nor kids interested, so time to find it a new home...

·
Vendor
2,513 Posts
GT Chartreuse! One of my favorite original colors (1970 only, I believe)
I'm assuming it was resprayed. Was that the original color? The engine bay looks more like sunburst yellow, but
it may just be the picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GT Chartreuse! One of my favorite original colors (1970 only, I believe)
I'm assuming it was resprayed. Was that the original color? The engine bay looks more like sunburst yellow, but
it may just be the picture.
It was respirayed in original GT Chartreuse which matches the 406 paint code on the firewall tag.

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
Jeff have you had any serious offers yet? Just curious, if I didn't already own one, I would be giving lots of thought about yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was respirayed in original GT Chartreuse which matches the 406 paint code on the firewall tag.
Jeff have you had any serious offers yet? Just curious, if I didn't already own one, I would be giving lots of thought about yours.
Yes, I actually just sold it yesterday and it should be just a few hours out of Boca Raton right now. Hated to see it go after 21 years, but it was time - and couldn't be happier about the new owner as I'm sure he'll take it to the next level. It's a great car, and certainly deserves what it's getting - a great owner.

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
Well congratulations Jeff, but still sorry to see you sell your Opel. I do understand and wish you continued happiness. Hope you remain a member and chime in once in awhile. Once an Opel owner, always an Opel owner :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts