Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1600 or best offer. 81,xxx miles since new, clear title. runs like a scalded dog an drives like a new one. 32/36 weber with stock air intake system, with a header. it needs a new intake/exhaust combo gasket, it leaks on the number 1 exhaust port, also has a tubular header, without the exhaust leak car is a great sounding car. also has electric cooling fan and a .435 lift and [email protected] duration camshaft with new lifters, less than 5,000 miles ago. been kept indoors its whole life except for last summer and last winter, dash pad is not cracked and interior is in great shape. 2 holes in the headliner from mice and a small hole in the side of the headrest of each seat. the clock works but slowly looses time, about 10 minutes a week. i've fitted aftermarket front and rear swaybars from addco. absolutely everything works as it should. car is disassembled right now in terms of cosmetics, glass is out, lights are out, and bumpers are off ready for paint. the door handles and all bumpers have been rechromed since last summer. car comes with a bunch of spare GT parts i have and a spare engine.

theres a new opel i have my eye on that i'd rather have. its a steal and the price for this car i find to be very fair.

having issues with the camera, but here is pictures of the car from before i had done any work to it and right after it was painted last year.
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3185&highlight=carpet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jared,

I may be interested. Is the car solid/dependable enough for daily driver? Other than glass and bumpers, is everything intact and ready to go? From your post, I understand you painted the car just over a year ago. Why repainting now? What spares do you have?

Thanks for the details. If you can manage new pics, that would be great.

Cochran

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was my daily driver last year....a shade over 12,000 miles in the summer months last year. the glass, bumpers, and lights are ONLY things taken off the car, i can go right now and start it up and let it run till its outta gas, it and my S10 are the most reliable cars i've yet to own. its being repainted becasue it had gotten slighly hit in the passenger side rear twice, parking lot things. pics of that can be seen on another thread i'll search for later. if i could get my other computer to work i can get other pics up. those who've seen the car can attest to it being a very straight and solid GT.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
$1600???? are you serious? i've seen this car and rode in this car, 1600 is a steal!! Jared why do you gotta live so far away!?!? man i'd love to have that car.!

·
Opeler
51 Posts
How far is Illinois from Michigan? I am in Nevada and I drove 400+ miles to goto a UOMC picnic. It sounds like a steal to me too, but I am looking at 2,000 miles away. Jared your car sounds great, want to come to Las Vegas you can drive here and fly back. Just kidding, too broke right now to get any new toys for the big boy, me :D . Hey if you have ridden in it and you know how great it is find a way it seems worth it to me. My GT came from here but I payed $2500 and still it has issues. Jared has somthing that looks good to me and can be driven after a touch up of paint. If there is a will there is a way. JMTC, Wiily you can do it! :D
Shawn

·
199 Posts
I'LL BUY IT! Get in touch with me jared and we can figure out the details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts