Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 Opels on Ebay and drove 6 hours to find out they where not exactly as described. I was told they where driveable but the Grey one was missing some glass. I was not told about the extent of the body damage on the Orange one.

I decided to bring back the Orange 72 GT and see how bad is really was. The interior was not that bad but the body was damaged in several spots. The rear finder was split and creased the driver's side door was dented and the left front fender was also damaged.

The Grey 71 Gt was driven "about a year ago." Cancer has now taken over the front nose clip. The interior was also not bad but in need of help. The front glass is good and I believe the rear is good as well. All 4 tires are flat from what looks like dry-root. It also has a Weber carb on it.

I would like to sell the Grey 71 for $400 to try and recoop some of my cost. I have the title and the previous owner switched the ignition keys so I have the key for the 71 and they have the key for my 72. Here is a link to a picture of the car. Link

The car is located near Grand Rapids, Michigan

Please let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. I have since bought a 73 Gt that I should have on the road with in a relatively short amount of time. I will be using the Orange 72 as a parts car for the 73.

Talk about catching the Opel bug...I have now bought 3 GTs in under a month.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Don't let those two GTs get together. Keep them locked in seperate sheds - or they breed more and more tiny GTs! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OH...NO... they are next to each other in the garage alone in the dark....

Lucky for me I have a Car Condom on the 72.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

I may be willing to take the other Opel off your hands, but I am looking at about $200. I will be the Grandrapids area this week and I would be willing to take it off your hands this week. I could paypal you the money if you are interested. I would only need the title.

Thanks,

Glenn Yerges
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts