Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let you folks know. Kruse Auctions are going to sell a 71 Opel GT at an auction in ST Louis MO. on Sept 25th 2005. They are selling some surplus cars from the Museum of Tranportation. Auction info can probably be had at www.kruse.com. You can call the Museum and ask a lady named Molly Butterworth about the car at 314-965-7998 ext 18. She said it was a Fireglow orange with fourspeed and a sunroof. It does have rust and was donated in 2000. Supposedly it was stored for 2 years before that. Maybe a chance for a cheap GT.

·
Registered
109 Posts
GT Kruse

Anyone here been to a Kruse auction? I never have but my dad had. He said nothing went cheap at Kruse auctions, not that I'm trying to discourage anybody from going. :D In this stretch of time where custom, classic, sport, antiques have been pushed to the fore as status symbols, what is a classic Opel GT in VGC worth? Haven't seen FOOSE redo one yet on TV. Doesn't mean it won't happen. :)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
There's a whole lot of rust on the car, the interior needs a lot of help and don't know what the engine compartment looks like, they can't get the hood open? So far not a good deal IMHO.

·
Registered
109 Posts
kruse auction

Yeah there serious, put looking at the car line up behind the Opel ... that's one rustomobile lineup to give a body man nightmares !! If thats the lineup for the auction, then maybe the Opel could be had for cheap? :confused: I wouldn't go, but maybe someone closer needs a parts car. Tempted to leave them mail and grouse about no under the hood pics. Did anybody see what they want for a price evaluation on your car?? $99.00, and from what I read that's a on-line evaluation! :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kruse auction

Well it's official, I groused about it!! :D Hung a big guilt cloud right on their heads. Maybe they'll post some engine pics now.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
The car doesn't look that bad. Needs a little cleaning up.

The rust isn't bad for the mid west. It actually looks like it has never had rust repair before, if you are from the mid-west and think that car is rusted out you probably don't know how much patch work is under the paint of your own car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
opeljohn said:
Just bringing this foreward in case someone wants to go for it.
Hey I've seen dad fix up worse cars than the Opel in the picture. It's just I think that looking for a grade 4 that you can make a 3 is more worthwhile than trying to make a 5 into a 3. Maybe the picture deceives me into thinking that It's worse than it is. I may have left a misimpression. Whatever you find out there someone can make use of it. I'm definitely not making a value judgement on anyones decision to post something. If I came across like that I'm sorry. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts