Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was there today when they rolled it in for pics.

Looks like a decent car, but not original. 10 bolt head, orange red engine paint (probably rebuilt).

1971-opel-gt-coupe.jpg

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Vendor
2,674 Posts
Hmm... call for price. Means expensive.
Based on the price of some of their other cars, I would say that you are unlikely to get it for a bargain price. $100K for a sunbeam tiger? $119K for a Kaiser Darrin? Both nice cars, but yikes. :oops:
Two things that worry me about this GT (both minor, but makes me wonder) Is that an AMC badge on the driver door? Also, they literally smashed the crap out of the cold air intake carb adapter to clear the hood!

·
Detritus Maximus
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer a few questions...
They didn't do any of the work. The car came from someone in Springfield (a Gary, I think), but he had the car for a short time, a couple years, maybe. It came from Pennsylvania before that.
The badge is there to cover up one of the original mirror mount holes. Also done by a previous owner when they mounted the sporty mirrors. I would presume it was after the paint job.

The price...not determined when I was there. But the estimate given was in line with some of the other 'expensive' GTs of late.

Reactions: JudokaJohn
1 - 5 of 5 Posts