Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fun project for someone. '72 GT that needs a lil work. It needs paint, body work at the rear, some electrical and probably a brake master cylinder. Interior is decent. Head has big valves and a minor league performance cam. Comes with an exhaust
header. Also comes with a replacement rear panel. Tires have 0 miles. Not a rusty car.. I found one penny sized rust underneath.. You also get some R12 with your purchase!!
$5000 OBO. Located in Ft Worth Tx. Clear Tx title in my name.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The biggest issue I see with that car is the crunched tail panel. I think your CL ad indicates you have a replacement tail panel. Do you also have the trim piece that goes on.
Do you know the history of that repair? Or was it already that way when you bought the car?

Wish you all the luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
The tail lights need to be replace, not a huge project by any means. It appears that the tail lights were taken off of a 73 GT or a manta. Either way they will have to be replaced. Other than that it looks pretty good. $5000.00 might be a little optimistic

Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The biggest issue I see with that car is the crunched tail panel. I think your CL ad indicates you have a replacement tail panel. Do you also have the trim piece that goes on.
Do you know the history of that repair? Or was it already that way when you bought the car?

Wish you all the luck with the sale.
I have a rear panel and it is included. It was hit before I bought it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Boy I wish I started with something like this.... I bought a beautiful painted shell...totally empty and had to go thru two parts cars to get it together...plus another 10k at least....plus almost 3 years and it still is not driveable...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Very desirable GT in nice, overall condition. If I were in the market for a GT, this would be the one to have, with the best exterior color and the rare air conditioning. Best of all, minimal rust. 5000 is more than fair. Good luck with your sale!

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,345 Posts
Very desirable GT in nice, overall condition. If I were in the market for a GT, this would be the one to have, with the best exterior color and the rare air conditioning. Best of all, minimal rust. 5000 is more than fair. Good luck with your sale!
I was thinking exactly the same. You forgot to mention that this very strongly looks like the original paint.

Dieter

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tail lights need to be replace, not a huge project by any means. It appears that the tail lights were taken off of a 73 GT or a manta. Either way they will have to be replaced. Other than that it looks pretty good. $5000.00 might be a little optimistic

Bob
It's 5000 obo. I'm lowering the price until it leaves. I have a rear trim strip for it now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is that an original US car, or was it imported? The reason I'm asking is because I see it doesn't have side markers on the rear. European GT's don't have them IIRC. I'm guessing most likely they were removed and filled in, though.
Looks like a really fun project!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts