Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks.
I have a '72 Kadett B sedan (1.1L!) here in the UK and although for the most part she is in great condition, the top of the fender sills are rustingthrough and it's really the only problem on a solid daily runabout.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me find a set of fenders, either steel or fibreglass remoulds, as I know a company who can remould the old 70's vauxhall parts, but sadly not the Opel stuff.

I can be contacted on: matthew.bolton"at"ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (lenghty I know!)

Any assistance would be very much received......

Thanks in advance.

Matt Bolton.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Kadet fenders (wings)

Matt,
You will probably be cheaper to try and get a pair of wings from Germany or Belgium.
Talk to Wolfgang Wuster, he has lots of good contacts for Opel sheetmetal.
Alternatively, post a question to Henk on Manta 400 dotcom.
rgds, Rob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob,
do you have any contact details for Wolfgang?
I'm new to this parts game, she's never needed any in 10 years!!!!
I'll check out the manta site though.
Much appreciated.
Matt.
ps. would a UK car have any trouble on the US roads if I shipped it over for the LA opel rally?

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
"ps. would a UK car have any trouble on the US roads if I shipped it over for the LA opel rally?"

Only with the L.A. drivers!!! :D

Wait until I get home and I'll send you some info....
rgds, Rob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found

Hi peeps,
so I found a pair of front wings and the front apron for the Kadett B at the Vauxhall/Opel rally last weekend.
Unfortunately, I also broke down. 30 miles outside of the rally on the way home.

Check this out. The push rod had sheared and worn itself right through the rocker! AA towed me back to the autojumble. I found a whole new set of rockers. But alas no push rod.

So we bought a hacksaw and file and fashioned one out of a TENTPEG! No s**t. a TENTPEG!! She was a little noisy and I kept the revs down, but that tentpeg got me a 150 miles back up the M1!!!

Can't see that happening in a Vectra!!!

And how sad was it that my little Kadett B was the only one at the OPEL rally over the whole weekend?! Seems like she's a bit of a rarity over here in Blighty. Anyone else own one over here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts