Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been blessed (courtesy of the pack-rat habits of my father) with a service manual for all the 1.9 litre Opels of 1972 (he was the "Opel Guy" at the Buick garage, and he has kept this stuff for 31 years, never owning an Opel). It is a little worn and there are plenty of oily fingerprints, but certainly a huge assett.

As an (new) owner of a 73 GT, what are the big differences that I should be watching out for between what I will see on my 73 and what will be referenced in the manual in the context of the 72 models. (other than the fact that my car now has Weber)

p.s. we also found a few original Solex carbs in the basement too....

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
If you indeed have a true 73 model, there are some "early" 73's, but, a true 73 has split tail lights. The outside two having orange/amber top halfs, with red bottom halfs. The inside two will be red with white circles in the middle, thus eliminating the back-up light, it will also have the EGR system (I believe), other than that, not much.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My GT has the split tail lights (which I happen to really like, seemingly contrary to popular opinion). But the EGR system is cause for consternation. I am thinking Exhaust Gas Release or Recovery? and where does it start/terminate on the 1.9?

Thanks as always.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts