Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago, Wayne Torman, Senen Racki and Mark Wooton got permission from GM and scanned a copy of the 1973 Opel GT Factory Service Manual. At that time, the file was huge, 50 meg or so as I remember, and Senen hosted on his web site. There was not much you could do with the file because of it's size.

Well, "Nobody" made a 16 meg PDF version available and I was able to break it up into chapters and keep the file sizes under 3 meg. It now is available in the new downloads section. You can print pages by clicking on the printer icon in the upper right of the screen. At some point, I hope to make it viewable so you do not need to download.

Thanks again Dave, aka Nobody, for sending the file.

·
Registered
616 Posts
how much of a difference is there from the '73 to the '69 FSM? or can one for a '69 be found somewhere on the web?

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
simplemind7 said:
how much of a difference is there from the '73 to the '69 FSM? or can one for a '69 be found somewhere on the web?
Not much. The '73 manual was chosen because of the high quality and coloring of the wiring diagrams. (BTW, wiring diagrams for all years are in the Tech data section of the Photo Gallery)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Gary, none of the downloads work with Netscape 7.1, my preferred browser, but work as advertised with IE. Because I have both for Margaret's website, no problem for me to download with IE, others may not have both. Just a heads up.

Ron

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Give credit were credit is due Rally 73 posted it and I jumped on it. I was just the medium at large on this one but too happy to have gotten it on the site.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Gary, I loaded Flash from Macromedia, the latest version and it didn't help. I even shut down and rebooted the comp thinking it needed to be done, but it still doesn't work. I give up. :confused:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Ron I can send you a disc of it. better yet I'll send a few and you can pass them out.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
It is on CD also

There are copies of the 73 service manual with the GT parts Catalog on CD. Check with Gil at OGTS, that is where I recieved mine from. It also covers the Manta.
rk :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks Dave! Thanks Gary!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts