Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
984 Posts
We have a 73 Opal GT that has been sitting in the yard for over 30 years. Any recommendation on what to do other than junk hauler. No title been there since we bought the place.
Hard to say without pictures, description or location (I see your profile is WA) of the vehicle.

If you can provide those, this forum will definitely be able to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do that we are in Washington state, Pierce County. Of course it is not pretty been sitting for 30 years but still solid will take pics and post them later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not pretty but all there still, I need to look into old paper work because the previous owner did sign it over to my husband but we never did anything with that. It has just been sitting in the back of the yard. I can take more pictures if someone needs them.

·
Vendor
2,637 Posts
Based on the pics above, it is probably a parts car (mostly because of the rust and lack of clear title) That's not to say that it doesn't have any value. It looks like all the glass is unbroken and even the interior doesn't look too bad. Not sure about the drive train, but assuming that is also more or less intact, I am guessing someone with a GT with a good body would love to have this to use during their restoration. Value? I wouldn't be surprised if you could get $500-1000 pretty quickly, and have someone yank it out of your yard for you too. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your response. It is available if anyone here in Washington is interested in it. I am looking for the file box that the previous owner left in it was the title just have not found it yet lol.

·
Über Genius
9,020 Posts
Quite a few Opelers in the Pierce County area. It's a little too far North for me to be interested.

Reactions: saphyredee

·
Vendor
2,637 Posts
You might want to toss a listing up on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. There are also a few Opel Facebook groups where people buy and sell Opel stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts