Opel GT Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Picking up the new hood and fenders tomorrow. Been working on the engine bay mostly, relocating the radiator so I had room for a mechanical fan and could get rid of the electric pusher fan. Cut out the inner fenders and did “down bars” for the upper shock mount, original upper shock mounts I did kept ripping the stock inner fender. Once all the fab work is done I with wash and paint, then when the engine is done(almost) I can put the drive train back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I picked up my fenders and hood today. Did not look at them much, simply tossed on for pictures (sneak peak of the kadett for those that wanted to see it). Did some more cutting, grinding and welding today too. Hoping to have the car ready to go for the 50th manta drive/meet if I can make it, anyone know the date and location of this event? I heard April

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Engine is back in, did not get too much further then that today though. Hopefully trans and driveshaft will go in tomorrow. Still need to bolt the headers up, get the radiator serviced and reinstalled as well as bleed the brakes among the other small things to button it up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Money has been tight, not getting much done but doing what I can.

Attachments

Reactions: dpre and Vincent

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Look really good!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Thank you

·
RunOpel
1,273 Posts
That's a beautiful engine :) Balancing time and money can be difficult. Sometimes you have more time than money or more money and no time ;)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Here is a short video, engine still hasn’t been tuned at all(timing and carb) but I had to hear it. Wish it was lumpier but the cam has a 112 lsa.
Sounds evil!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Unfortunately not much drive to work on cars lately. I did buy front suspension bushings and box flares though. A few set backs and some work here and there mostly but I am still working on it.

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Started on my front suspension bushings. Bolts on my rear flares and put on a new wilwood brake master. Looking to build some 3 piece wheels to get the perfect offset for the flares.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I finally got my hands on 4 dellorto drla carbs. Just ordered rebuild kits, venturis, linkage etc. already had the intake. It’s exciting to think In a couple months I’ll pop my hood and have this sight.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Forgot to mention I measured for my 3 piece wheels. Doing 15x10 rear and 15x8 front

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
My wheel parts came in, just cleaned the old paint off the centers, trying to decide what color.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I hope so, this has been my longest build, I’m excited to get it back on the road.

Reactions: G.v.Mainberg

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,115 Posts
I think I missed this thread when it started, but maybe later tonight I'll go back and read the whole thing. I love what I just saw so far in the last few minutes!!!

Dieter

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Still not much work being done, new Lancia scorpion has my attention, but I test fit the wheels. My measurements were off but it looks like the new wheels will work just fine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I picked up my radiator a few days ago, have only done a test fit so far.

I picked up an automatic radiator, thicker core, and took it in to get cleaned up and a few modifications. I ended up having them remove the oil cooler as well as build a new 3 row core for it on top of that. I hope it’s money well spent.

Reactions: Vincent
101 - 118 of 118 Posts