Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
79 Kadett C - Jägermeister

Looks real. Texas plates, parked next to a F150, been about 6 months since registered on ebay and would definately be worth the trouble to import. I'd still rather take a look in person, or cash at pick-up, but still looks like it might be worth the extra effort.

79 Kadett C

from Ebay said:
79 Opel Kadett C one of a kind

Engine: rebuilt 9,000miles ago,2 liter 16 V 180 HP with dyno sheet, Ported and polished head and intake, 2.5 inch exhaust,complete MSD ignition

Suspension: rear adjustable Koni shocks, Front 3 way adjustable Gabriel, polyurethane bushings used thru out the suspension, swaybars front and rear, strutbars front and rear, full rollcage,Limited slip rear diff w/383 gears 5 speed replaced seals inner and outer and clutch less than a year ago

Interior: Recaro seats drivers side has small tear,complete Auto Meter Gauges, sport steering wheel, peadls, shift knob

Body: painted 2 years ago a few chips and alittle service rust on qrt panel (see picture) no major damage no bondo real solid car
Mod edit: Moved thread to Members Project Forum and changed title.

Attachments

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Last time he listed it he was asking $8,000. This time it's $5,000.
Nice car for the money, but I'd want to physically check it out before I parted with a penny....

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
So, when are you going? :haha:

Dieter
Dieter!....are you trying to get me into trouble!!
Much as a 16V Kadett would be a lot of fun, I am trying to behave and not buy any more cars for a while (The SFS doesn't count Duane!).
I just have to keep repeating what the Hypnotist said..."23 Opels are enough...., 23 Opels are enough...., 23 Opels are en....

·
942 Posts
Much as a 16V Kadett would be a lot of fun, I am trying to behave and not buy any more cars for a while (The SFS doesn't count Duane!).
I just have to keep repeating what the Hypnotist said..."23 Opels are enough...., 23 Opels are enough...., 23 Opels are en....
didn't he say "123 Opel are enough..."
KadettC are very nice track cars,
just buy it & think later!
Hiro
:)

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
3,888 Posts
OK, lets make a deal here - you get the 16V Kadett and sell me your Manta B. Total number of cars doesn't change (for you at least, I will still be in trouble). I would be willing to drive up the Kadett, taking home the Manta. Think about it... it just makes tooooo much freakin' sense!!! :yup:

Dieter

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Now, let's stay serious :eek: for at least a few posts - anyone here going for it? And pleeeeaaaase don't ask why I'm asking! :no:

Dieter
Not unless he drops his price further....I mean NO, NOT AT ALL.....
Fill your boots Dieter.....:D

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
S0 ......

Wouldn't the 180hp 16v red top motor/5-speed box/limited slip diff be worth the $5,000 ... just so it could be used for a GT conversion ??

Looks a 'cheap' way to get the good stuff for a 'killer' GT.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Wouldn't the 180hp 16v red top motor/5-speed box/limited slip diff be worth the $5,000 ... just so it could be used for a GT conversion ??

Looks a 'cheap' way to get the good stuff for a 'killer' GT.
Listen Jim...the last thing I need is a 'voice of reason' justifying a purchase I'm trying not to make....I have enough voices in my head..... :argue:

·
1,089 Posts
Because they're prettier, have a higher top speed & get more MPG because of superior aerodynamics and I can still get in and out of one, that's why! :p

Harold

P.S. Engine on this side of the pond not motor.
Harold,

No offense intended toward your prom queen, but your aerodynamically superior car was never banned by the SCCA because of aerodynamics like the Manta was. Fact is, Mantas ruled the twisties until all the crappy competition got together and kicked them out. They'd have preferred to allow a rebodied Kadett with the same old buggy springs, aka an Opel GT, had they been offered in the same class.

Mantas provide the lifetime experience of a soul mate. But to be painfully honest, for the first time I do have a GT in my garage. Yes, it looks mysterious, has angles and is seductive. I'm thinking it's a fling, that I was seduced by the curves and that it could be trouble I will regret later. My knuckles are already indicating this.

I'm not sure where it will end but I've got a feeling I will fix this GT up with care and yet it will leave me in the dark of night, after which I will replace it with a faithful and roomy SportWagon that can still kick that GT's a** up and down the road.

Jim

·
Living in the past
2,261 Posts
flying brick

Harold,

No offense intended toward your prom queen, but your aerodynamically superior car was never banned by the SCCA because of aerodynamics like the Manta was. Fact is, Mantas ruled the twisties until all the crappy competition got together and kicked them out. They'd have preferred to allow a rebodied Kadett with the same old buggy springs, aka an Opel GT, had they been offered in the same class.

Mantas provide the lifetime experience of a soul mate. But to be painfully honest, for the first time I do have a GT in my garage. Yes, it looks mysterious, has angles and is seductive. I'm thinking it's a fling, that I was seduced by the curves and that it could be trouble I will regret later. My knuckles are already indicating this.

I'm not sure where it will end but I've got a feeling I will fix this GT up with care and yet it will leave me in the dark of night, after which I will replace it with a faithful and roomy SportWagon that can still kick that GT's a** up and down the road.

Jim
Wrecked my 71 Manta Rallye and in my quest for transportation, I put the drive train in a 72 Ascona 2 door sedan. Same engine,transmission and rear end out of the Manta it was 7 MPH slower top end and .2 seconds slower in a quarter mile. You may put a Sportwagon on the road that will outrun YOUR GT but don't bet the farm that it will get the job done with ANY GT with both cars being powered by a CIH 4 cyl.:no::D

·
Super Moderator
8,142 Posts
Harold,

I'm not sure where it will end but I've got a feeling I will fix this GT up with care and yet it will leave me in the dark of night, after which I will replace it with a faithful and roomy SportWagon that can still kick that GT's a** up and down the road. Jim
"Buggy Springs", that was a low blow, I almost ruined my keyboard from the tears. :sigh:

So your theme song is, "Get An Ugly Woman To Marry You". A couple of lines from the song:

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life.​

I bought an Ascona project car awhile back because guys like you insist on it's superiority, we'll see. :lmao:

Harold

1 - 20 of 95 Posts