Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ive had my kadett for about 6 years now. It is the 4dr sedan model, the vauxhaul mk2 astra belmont is appearance wise its identical twin aside from brand badging. It came with the c20ne motor mated to the f16cr transmission. Nice and lightweight, a real joy to drive. It originally came to me as a car to sell, but after driving it, there was no way id let this rare bird go.

Its been my most favorite car ive owned. Dead reliable and rare as can be
Day one

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
A 2.0 GT model of the Kadett E, they were quite popular here in Europe as they were much cheaper to insure than the full on "hot hatch" GSi versions but offered much of the same performance

Yeah I can see this being rare in the US

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure why it never crossed my mind to post here, I did make a for sale post way back when i thougt i was gonna sell, but that doesnt count. I've never seen another one, until this weekend, a nice clean E kadett convertible. My kadett is out of commision right needing some maintenance, seeing thIs other kadett made me wish mine was there as well. ive come here to find out about events that usually bring out the opels.

Last summer aftter i put it back on road

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was nice meeting you in Carlisle! Let me know for any help you need.

Dieter
Likewise, I wish my kadetts body was in a good a shape as yours. I have the usual rust places, sills and rear fenders. I do intend to do a restoration, I just hope it's not to far gone when I can get around to making the repairs.

Keep me posted on events,
Thanks
Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts