Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
239 Posts
I too have a/c in my 1972 GT and it also uses this switch with a vacuum line to the manifold. Not sure if GM still uses these, they are used extensively on aircraft ( we called them cricket switches) I would try radio shack for one, they might have to order it, also this type of switch is used on hot tub control panels for selecting the jets they used a vacuum line down to the switch in the control panel for safety reasons. Are you sure it the switch bad and not the vacuum diaphram that actuates it?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Actually the switches are know as micro-swtches and are also used in a different configuration in the headlights to turn them on and off and also for the headlight indicator in the dash. For the AC system the bellows or mini vacuum reservoir actuate the switch by moving a small plunger on the side of the switch. And Rick is correct, they are used extensively in the aircraft industry where small movements control operation of systems in the aircraft. And I would also suspect the bellows has a leak or tear, the switches very seldom go bad, but it is not beyond being possible, just not a normal occurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts