Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was moving things to one big location, parts, cars you name it. I was thinking it might be an idea to have an Opel swap parts stories kind of thing in the middle of the country. I was curious if there was any interest.The shop is close so even work could be done. Just wondering if there was any interest. If so I can burn food with the best of them too and have a day of it.

·
Opeler
43 Posts
Central Time Zone Opel Meet...

I agree with a Colorado (midwest) Opel gathering swap kinda thing. As much as would love to make the journey to southern California or Carlise taking my Opel (in its current :confused: state anyway) 3000 miles seems a bit unnerving May I suggest a poll..... "How far would you drive your Opel to an Opel Event and/or gathering?"

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just started moving and sorting parts and just scratching the surface was 2 pallets full. I'll bring down the barbecue and we can have some fun. By the time it gets organized there will probably be 5 GTs in residence there and enough parts to build another. I think it would be great to have a big western brain trust get together. With a bit of luck some of the neighboring state Opelers might show. Liz, Dean, Jeff, Ben..Oldhippie, Husker, Aaron, Dave just to name a few.

·
195 Posts
Fun time

Would love to join the fun if I can get my GT out of garage jail. Waiting on a rear end from Opels unlimited and I am in need of a fuel tank sending unit and will know if that is coming hopefully some time in the next couple of days. We'll see how the est of it goes but I'm getting closer...I think

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have 3 of those sending units here shortly. One has to test out good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If they don't work, I got mine rebuilt by Gil at OGTS for 30 bucks I believe. Works great! Dave, let me know if you could come across a rear axle vent valve.

Thanks.

·
371 Posts
re

when were.if i can,i will be there,i have stared a list of peolpe in my area, that have gt in there back yards,have 9 or 10 names so far, and about 9 or 12 cars and some parts.
i am very interrseted in goup meet, was think geting all utah opeler, to meet some were here as well.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow this is great. I was thinking sometime around Memorial weekend. something in the area of a month away depending on everybodys schedules. I was thinking here because it is pretty centrally located with alot of parks in the area or if the weather isn't good a covered area filled with GTs could be used. I think 20 cars could fit in there easy.

Kevin I know where there is a dead rear just sitting, I'll check it next week. It should have one on it.

·
371 Posts
re

so your thinking about Memorial weekend,is good for me,as far as i know
still have a littile work to do on my car,
but were ? something near y or us let me know please
thank you
ben a opeler forever

·
371 Posts
re

hey was just thinking and is this meet going to be week end thing or a one day afar just wanted to know

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just trying to get a feel for what would work. I was thinking here since I've already staked out a covered area big enough to play football in or park cars if the weather doesn't cooperate. I wasn't sure if it would be a meet and greet and burn food or get busy and fix some problems or both.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tentative for around memorial day But still not sure if it's meet and greet or work and greet and eat.

·
Opeler
16 Posts
Would be great to meet other opelers here in Colorado, it may be tough on Memorial weekend but I would give it my best shot to attend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts