Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
nobody said:
I'm not sure what to say, everytime I see this thread it has an odd effect. Move 7 cars, tons of parts move 3 times and design a turbo system. Overwhelmed Looking for a plug? that's funny. I feel your plight but the perspctive is a bit over the top.

Overload? sounds like a good day!!!
yeah, but before i started building this car, i had done almost nothing on cars except routine maintenence, so when i bring a car home and put it in the shop with a mountain of parts beside it... i think to myself "how am i going to turn this shell and that pile of mostly junk, into something that i will drive around?"

in hindsight, i was looking at it all wrong, i was looking at it as a whole, but now i just pick a little thing on it to get working, once its done i get something else and its finally starting to take shape, its looks (and somewhat works) like a car

i'm sure you weren't always as skillful with opels, or cars in general, i'm only 17 and up until i was 16 i hadn't done anything more than look at or ride in cars, so most of what i'm doing is new to me and only some of it makes sense (it is an opel after all)

also, i'm not looking for a plug, i have the starter hooked up properly, and the two spade connectors aren't reversed because it does nothing when i hook it up opposite of how it is now, i'm still trying to track down the problem

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Ya with 2 broken ribs it makes running a strain. From the overlifting I still sit like a girl, but that's another issue. Overwhelmed, go move cars and tell me about it. That's why it cracked me up

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
tell you about it? heres a couple...

my parts car has 4 locked up wheels and the 2 front ones point in at eachother for some reason, i've had to move that thing 4 times now and it gets worse every time, the windshield got broken on the last time which pissed me right off since it was my only good one left and i had to buy another one

when i picked up the '69 it had 4 locked wheels too, but they've since gotten better, we had to use a winch to get it onto the trailer, then the rope (thats all we had at the time) broke, so we had to get 4 of us, one in each wheel well to lift it, and carry the entire car back 15 or 20 feet onto the trailer, which took us about half an hour. had to do it again without a chain... ended up using a tractor and just shoved it onto the trailer... we've since moved it one more time when it had the locked up wheels (used a winch and chain) when we brought it into auto body, where i fought with it and eventually got them free, when we took it home it wasn't bad though

all this while my dad who is supposed to help me is complaining that it will never get anywhere and i'll loose ambition and leave it to take up space on his property... half of me is only going to complete the car out of spite :)

i don't even mind it that much, except the window breaking incident, becuase i know i'll thank myself later, i could have easily left the parts car sitting in the brush, but i wanted it, and since its mostly put together its helped me putting together the other almost as much as this site has

see, i know what its like too

41 - 43 of 43 Posts