Opel GT Forum banner

A lonely Kadett C Coupe for a lonely forum.

11K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  JudokaJohn 
#1 ·
This is Ingrid, one of the very few of her kind in the states. (I've finally managed to take some pictures!) I am the second owner of this 1976 Kadett. The original owner brought it over from Germany with him about 9 years ago. Aside from tires, battery, wipers, and the usual items it is entirely original. (Including the original Bernstein Gold paint.) He had a lot of pride in this car and I intend to continue the tradition of spoiling it...even as my daily driver.

Click HERE for the Flickr album.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This car is very sharp. I love how the styling cues (like the side view of the Manta front) carried forward in this design along with newer depictions of the fastback and end views. If that rally is original paint, this car is a baby! It's pretty clearly what you say from the missing U.S. side markers alone. A very modern dash layout for a 1976. Hope you will soon add a shot under the hood.

Sorry you couldn't join us at Dave's recent get together but we're all hoping you'll bring this fine car to Carlisle in May where you'll make a lot of friends quickly.

Jim

#5 ·
What a lovely looking Coupe, a series 1 too, indicators under the bumper. I'm guessing from the boot lid that she's not an 'S' model?

I've owned 4 Kadett Coupes in my time and foolishly sold one 18months ago.. ....what a mistake, as i regretted it the second it left pulled off the drive!

#9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments everyone, Kadetts are fantastic. It's more or less my dream car. It is indeed a 1.2N.

I am most likely going to drive her up to Carlisle in may, looking forward to meeting everyone. Timemachine...you bringing your Luxus?! I'd love to see it.

#11 ·
Hello everybody,

This is Dennis from the Netherlands speaking.
I have found this page on German Transplant: 1976 Opel Kadett C Coupe « BaT – The best vintage and classic cars for sale online
I am olso a Kadett c lover and owner.
My current Kadetts are a Rallye 1.6S winterfest version and two (one chassis and one rotten for the patrs) black/yellow GT/E's with a 1.9E engine.
I also am a member of the Kadett C Club Netherlands Opel Kadett C Club Nederland - Nieuws.

Ingrids coupé seem to be in a very very good shape!
Like to see it in this condition!

But, howmany Kadett c are there anyway in the states?
On the first site it says two, but some of you did own allready 4 of them...

Keep in touch!
Best regards Dennis

#13 ·
Does anyone know the whereabouts of this car? I sold it to a gentleman in Eastern Illinois who no longer responds to my attempts to contact him. Unfortunate circumstances forced me to sell the car and I'd love to keep tabs on it in case I'm ever able to reunite with it. 'Twas my dream car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.