Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a new manta owner

hello everybody.
my name is marc and im part of the old skool retro car club http://www.oldskoolretrocars.tk
i have given up on triumphs now and have just got me a manta GTE.
i am just wondering what bad things i will need to expect i.e. overheating probs rust probs, engine probs, you get it and also what i good things i can expect from owning a manta.
its a 1984 manta GTE auto hatch.
it has had twin light convertions and k+n's fitted.
after a good look under her i have found its extreamly clean with only 1 small penny sized hole in the sill which i will repair at the weekend. there is also blisters in thedrivers side rear arch, (can i get repair kits)
overall the thing which attracted me to this car was its go-kart like handling (due to spax) and the acceleration of the beast even tho its an auto.
i have a manual box but i need a pedel box, does anybody have one???
thankyou very much and happy driving

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Marc;
Sounds like you have a nice ride there, but, you're talking about a B series Manta, we here in the US didn't get them. There are a few of the B series here in the US, but, they were brought in by various other methods. So, I don't think you're going to get too much comment on the problems as we don't know the B series that well.
Good Luck,
Gene

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh sorry, i didn't realise this was a us based forum.
do u know of any uk forums???
cheers for the help

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
hi oldskool
there are a few of us brits here and quite a few from europe
the rust is not as bad as you would find on a trumpet and you dont have to get up 4 hours early and raise steam before you want to go any place(sorry hada 1300,dollys, spits and 2.5 pi's in the past and all gave trouble till i junked the ignition and went electronic)
azzi is the man to talk to for uk clubs and he is online most late pm's
enjoy the good life in the wonderfull world of adam opel
ps bring lots of cash:D
pps my commiserations to your sister on the arrival of her allegro:D
still at least its not a montinogo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you won't be dissing that aggro when i finish putting the metro turbo lump in it!!!:D lol
i shall want for azzi to reply.
cheers

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
are you going to take the top off we need some new skips:D

only kidding:D also had a 1.3 marina coupe' in my time so have only admiration for any one who trys to keep a BL car on the road they make the opels look like a piece of p*** by comparison

1 - 6 of 6 Posts