Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went out to start it today, and i pulled it out of the garage and let it sit run for a minute. then i pulled it back in.( had to let people enjoy the looks):D. it was smoking after i pulled it back into the garage. any ideas on whats wrong now????

·
Registered
456 Posts
possibly an oil leak that is getting down on the exhaust....i.e. if you just had the valve cover off make sure the gasket didn't go back on crooked somewhere....like in the back of the engine where you really can't see it.

or water seeping out of the thermostat housing area down onto the manifold.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
If you have had the valve cover off or recently filled it with oil check to see if there is a spot or two of oil that has dripped on to the exhaust manifold.

If the electrical wiring to the front head lights has not been renewed check that has not shorted out. If it has not already been replaced do it NOW. Opel wiring this old is a tragedy waiting to happen, especiallywhere it twists to and fro as the head lights are opperated.

While you are at it check ALL the wiring - right back to the tail lights as most of the insulation will be deteriorating by now.
For instance, my tail light wiring had melted itself to the back of the petrol tank plus the head light wiring was all cracked and ready to short out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts