Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's not an "Opel" auction I will share this. These rims will fit and in my personal opinion, would look pretty sweet.
They are selling for a BMW 2002
13x6 w/tires.
http://shorterlink.com/?UG7RZT

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
George;
Those are MSW knock-offs of the BBS/MAHLE wheels of the same time period. Still a very nice wheel, need to polish the rim part and paint the mesh part gold, then they'll REALLY stand out!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
as far as im consurned the wheels should be repainted or powder coated a bronze black and put on a red or black lowered gt just my 2cents 16in would be nice to

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
offset

I thought the opel needed 20 mm offset..will 13mm work?

what is the advantage of the 13"wheel vs 15 or 16in?

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Bucky;
Some people do like the 13" tires and wheels, when you go to 15", 16", even 17", you're talking mega buck$.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I generaly prefer the rim to accent the car rather then having the car accent the rims. so I (personal openion warning) would go with a rim thats the same color sceme as the car or a non gaudy crome or a black.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
409 Posts
13 inch rims are good to get you quicker exceleration by using shorter tires. such as 185-60r-13. It helps with solo2.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
trouble with my et unilug wheels

washer wheel combination is too tight, Sheila mentioned of another unknown opeler who had to file..file what? the inside of the washer?

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
The problem is those wheels are not a true unilug, they fit 100mm or 4 inch only. The lugnuts and washers should all have square shoulders with no taper. You really need to trust me on this, I sent those to the person you got them from. Here is a pic of what was on them and will sent to you post haste.

Attachments

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
wow!

I trust you on this...I would not have believed it.

PS: Celeste is pretty to look at...but I enjoy driving her more!

With the photo you enclosed..it sort of makes sense

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Bucky, Pep Boys sells Mcgards wheel stuff. There are 2 in Whichita but could not find out if they had stock on them.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not, but on my "Mag" wheels, which have concentric holes, I found a set of lug nuts that "nobody" refers to with squared head to shank with a locking type lugnut at my local Kragens. They are packaged by "MR LUGNUT" in the correct thread pitch, of 12mm X 1.50 RH, part # 30-1931. HTH.

Ron

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
as soon as the shops open...

I will be calling around.we have NAPA,autozone and Oreilly..surely one of them will have the nuts.

wheels polished up quickly..and are going to look nicer than what I had.

thanks namba and nobody..i assumed this was such a specialty item that local
suppliers did not have.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
yippee

first wheel is on.

round washers..fit is tight! no slop at all!

Attachments

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
these are 7in ET mag wheels

tires are my old 13-70-185's...

I dont think I would want any wider tire...on a very ,very sharp turn,..front wheels rubs my OGTS front sway bar...not a problem..just don't lock the wheel.

People say my car looks sportier...I think so. too.I reallly ,really like it. :) :D

thanks Nobody,namba, and BSQ4

Attachments

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Caps

What about the later model stock opel wheel caps.... would they fit the opening??

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Really neat wheels Bucky, they're just like mine only mine have the concentric holes for the wheels studs. Ane they do polish up nicely too. I painted the axles on the rear and will paint the dust caps for the front wheel bearings, but there are chrome dust cap covers available. HTH.

Ron

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had the same problem with my wheels. I took one into a local tire/wheel shop, I think it was Discount Tire, and tried to match it. I had the guy running back and forth with different ones and we finally found some that fit. They were made for Enki wheels. I think I paid like $7/ea for them.
My problem was when I got home they didn't fit over the dust caps in the front. :eek:
I took my caps off and the centers seat tight enough that they are my dust caps. Not the best solution, but it works.
BTW, they look very nice, shined up real good.
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2359
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2360

1 - 20 of 27 Posts