Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something that most will hardly ever see (with special apologies to Rob), 3 (operational) Sportwagons together!! Yes you have seen GT's and in Rob's case Mantas, but, when was the last time you saw this many Sportwagons!?!?
WAGONS HOOOOOO!!!!!
:D :D

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Gene, I was thinking about that the other day, in 20 years I've seen 2 wagons with my own eyes. I've never seen an Ascona in person. I haven't spotted a Manta in 12 years. Trust me I have an eye for them too. That is a rare sight indeed.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave;
It seems I have run into a batch of Mantas. I have one parked in the driveway right now (74 Rallye, rust bucket, being stripped for parts) and another waiting for me out in west GA this weeked (another 74 Rallye, again a rust bucket, but, has great parts) and another 75 Manta in east GA I intend looking at this weekend (again, another rust bucket waiting to be stripped)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Gene,
You don't need that backyard for anything but the parking do you? :p
Lou loves you soooooo much ... .

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Definitely no apologies needed......a sweet sight indeed!! :D

BTW...isn't it funny how Manta's appear in shoals??...lol!

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
ottos A/C needs split to

need a twin groove a/c pulley

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Opelwagon;
All those Wagons were at my house as they are all mine, and I like roof racks as they are useful and look good on the car. In fact the one on the Signal Blue Wagon has been correctly shortened to allow a flip up sun roof to be added! :D

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Nice

What a good looking line up Gene!
..... but where is your "Little Red Wagen"?

·
Opeler
59 Posts
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!!
I expect that there might be a line up of wagons here in Los Angeles at the 25th OMC picnic......but no roof racks!

·
opel snob
156 Posts
Nice wagons.. Makes me wish I still had my '74.. Had dual webers, 2.0, A/C, Irmscher air dam, sideskirts, sport springs, big brakes, BBS wheels, etc.. Was friggen cool. I'm a jackass for letting the ex make me get rid of it.. :mad:
I'll hafta scan the only pic I have left of it.. Paul in AZ has a nice little video of it...

-D

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LeftLane;
I have Steinmetz-like flres for it (future project) I don't have a/c, but, another future project is a 2.0 16V (I have the correct 5-spd to go with it), but, I have the 240 5-spd to go in till then. It currently is running on 13X6 BBS wheels, with Recaro seats (with recently aquired RecaroPhonic headrests). Both headlights have been replaced with CIBIE "Z" beams, and have a set of Oscar driving beams, and have procured a set of Oscar fogs. I have a KAMEI airdam on it and a weber 32/36. I don't go in for lowered cars, as Opels are low enough as is. The only other feature is a custom 2" exhaust.

·
Driver
987 Posts
Very nice line up Gene. You are a true Wagohaulic! :D

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Gene, you're goning to have to find one more. What, with a wife and two kids, you can't have the kids fighting over one wagon to drive. :p

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Re-visiting Old Arguments

(in my best Blazing Saddles impression...) Roof rack??? Sports cars ain't got no stinking roof racks.

BQS4 said:
Opelwagon;
All those Wagons were at my house as they are all mine, and I like roof racks as they are useful and look good on the car. In fact the one on the Signal Blue Wagon has been correctly shortened to allow a flip up sun roof to be added! :D

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scott;
It's THE lastest fashion and gaining in popularity, so there's nothing that can stop it. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, whenever you can pop them in the mail is fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts