Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Opeler
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started rewiring my gt. I've done what i can up front now I am heading through the fire wall. question, is there an easy way to get access to the wires? i removed all the tape covering the wires to the firewall. now i need to follow to the fuse mess-ingnition switch and so on I am not sure how to procede. If anyone has any advice it would save on the error and error method I nomally use :rolleyes: . do I need to remove the dash, or instrument panel? or maybe just? I am sure I can get it... someday but would like to finnish before spring! thanks

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Plugs

THe wiring looms go down through a hole above the pedal assembly to a fuse box and plug junction. The Dash and steering column have separate wiring systems that plug into the side of the fuse box/junction. They can be easily disconnected and the whole mess above the pedal assembly removed for repair. Years of size 12 feet have usually taken their toll on the "birds nest" under there. To get the fuse box etc. out the wiring loom that goes up through the scuttle needs to have the sealer around them removed before the fuse box can be removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts