Opel GT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there motor enthusiests. My name is David and I have a few questions about an engine swap for my 90' Honda Accord. First off, as most of you Honda experts already know, the stock F22 series motor that comes standard in Accords years 90-93 has next to no power and has virtually no modification capabilities. Granted it has a semi-snappy 2.2L 16 valve 125 ponies but there aren't many possibilities for adequite hp gains using after market bolt-ons. Also, a turbo is out of the question since not only is there just one brand and model that fits the F22, but with over 190K miles on it I'm apt to blow the motor if a turbo was added. What performance bolt-ons are available for the motor at best would probably only add a max of about 25 to 35 hp and with the money spent on headers, intake manifold, TB, ECU, injectors and rail, etc. I might as spend it on a new engine that will start me off at 200 hp. Right? My main question is what models are available and adaptable for the 90' Accord that will give me the hp that I so desire. I know that the H22 is a popular swap but is there another possibility like the K series that wouldn't be impossible and un-affordable. I heard that the B18 will fit with a few alterations but I don't know which will give me the most bang for my buck or which just makes the most sense. Please, any Honda experts out there, could you give me some advice on this matter. If so maybe you'd also know where to find the motor at an affordable price.

P.S. Luckally I found all this out before I spent too much $ on perf. parts for an inferior engine but one good investment I made was my fabricated cat-back exhust that is keepable.

·
Registered
275 Posts
honda engine

Husband of 'GING' here,

I couldn't tell you much about swapping the engine but I am the owner of a 91 lx accord and can attest to them having a great engine. You are right, not alot of power but reliable as hell. I'm coming up on 448,000 miles on mine. I won't say it's been trouble free but it has been paid for for 7 years and still gets 33 MPG and EVERYTHING still works. With 1/2 million miles on it I couldn't pay someone to take it but on the other hand I wouldn't take anything for it either
Forgive me if this is obvious but the 90-93 accords have a transverse mounted engine and are front wheel drive. The GT's being staight and rear. Mounting and Tranny would be a big adventure. I've never seen such a swap but I don't get out much. I may be able to help with troubleshooting problems but retro-fitting and mod's would put me in the dark.

If it is possible to do the swap.... it would be cool, no doubt.

good luck
dan

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Sorry, but this forum is dedicated to things "Opel". No other models allowed. So you will have to find a site that discusses things "Honda". And this thread is now closed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.