Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Youngest Opel Record Holder!
2,602 Posts
If you get more info on this I might buy on for my 69 gt. The engine is basically stock with a weber and an exhaust but it might be helpful to have!

· Registered
2,602 Posts
I wondered if the different colors were meant to signal a different level, so the unit itself wouldn’t be adjustable, the interchange of these different ones would make the transmission “adjustable”
I was wondering if that wasn’t the case. That makes sense.

· Registered
2,602 Posts
OH! THANK YOU SO MUCH! That was my next dilemma that I was going to post about. I had no idea which way to turn the screw to adjust it for my needs. Two of them have arrived so far, third one is on the way.

Now, with all 3 versions in my hands, which color and combo of stripes would likely be the best to use for my needs? I know that you probably don't know off the top of your head, so this is just a general question that remains for someone to find the answer to.

I am now convinced that spark timing and other factors related to manifold vacuum are the root cause of my tranny's reluctant shifting. I had not connected a vacuum compensation hose from my regulator to the manifold on my FI project. I did this yesterday and now the car drives much better, revs past 3000 and 4000 without issues, and even shifts better. The vacuum in the manifold seems to have now increased. I had also done major regasketing and hose replacement to make sure that vacuum leaks weren't a factor. It's still not perfect, but the shifting has improved to almost acceptability. Shifting 1-2 is still not happening when it should, if at all, but the shift 2-3 is almost dialed in. Downshifts are no problem.

I fully realize that my desire for an adjustable modulator probably isn't really needed, but maybe it is, due to the high compression of my engine. I bought the 3 adjustable modulators to give me options to help me deal with my issues and make the car work properly as I work through some issues.
I might be interested in the one that is best for a “stock” 1.9 with and exhaust and a weber. Do you think it would really be better than stock for my application?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts