Opel GT Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Opeler
109 Posts
15x7 ET25 DRs on kadett

I thought I posted these already. They are the same brand, similar price with a +25mm offset AND they are designed for BMWs - which means they have the correct hub diameter for the Opel too, 57mm. I think I am going to order them. I might still have to move some metal in the front wheel well, but not as much as the +10mm offset wheels, and there should be no problem in the back. The GT has bigger wheel wells, I don't imagine the +25 would have any problem in a GT.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dgw-51476
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/drag-dr-37/p/51476
did you end up buying this set of wheels as a 2nd try on the Kadett?

·
Registered
601 Posts
did you end up buying this set of wheels as a 2nd try on the Kadett?
I never did order them, they're still in my Wishlist on Summit though. I haven't done much with the Kadett in a while, it's hibernating in the shed for the winter. I picked up a '65 Ford Galaxie 500 last summer and that has been taking up most of my time and resources. Big trip coming up with the Galaxie this month, then afterwards I'm going to start working on the Kadett again (T5 transmission swap).

·
Opeler
109 Posts
wow a T-5 swap!

I never did order them, they're still in my Wishlist on Summit though. I haven't done much with the Kadett in a while, it's hibernating in the shed for the winter. I picked up a '65 Ford Galaxie 500 last summer and that has been taking up most of my time and resources. Big trip coming up with the Galaxie this month, then afterwards I'm going to start working on the Kadett again (T5 transmission swap).
T-5 swap is pretty cool. I am a fox mustang guy so i have quite a few sources to pick up a good used T-5 to do that kind of mod in my Kadett Rallye.

Right now I am in the midst of trying to figure out what to do for wheels. Currently the car has the rare chrome Kadett Rallye wheels without center cap tabs and they were widened by the previous owner. It has 205/60r13s
on all 4 corners and they are tucked pretty far into the fender wells and nothing touches or rubs even at full steering lock. I would like to go to 15s but after looking at your ET10 wheel attempt I am guessing I am going to
need to go down a path of making something custom for the car...like 15x7.5 with ET50. LOL I have had this car for over a decade stuck in moth balls. Am now just starting to work on it. once i get a wheel off and do some
measurements I will know more of what's there.

·
Registered
601 Posts
T-5 swap is pretty cool. I am a fox mustang guy so i have quite a few sources to pick up a good used T-5 to do that kind of mod in my Kadett Rallye.

Right now I am in the midst of trying to figure out what to do for wheels. Currently the car has the rare chrome Kadett Rallye wheels without center cap tabs and they were widened by the previous owner. It has 205/60r13s
on all 4 corners and they are tucked pretty far into the fender wells and nothing touches or rubs even at full steering lock. I would like to go to 15s but after looking at your ET10 wheel attempt I am guessing I am going to
need to go down a path of making something custom for the car...like 15x7.5 with ET50. LOL I have had this car for over a decade stuck in moth balls. Am now just starting to work on it. once i get a wheel off and do some
measurements I will know more of what's there.
The T-5 from a Fox Mustang has the wrong shifter position for an Opel, I'm using one from an S10 pickup. However, if you have some Fox T-5s, I need one for my 5.0 V8 Volvo.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've found some 15" wheels that I like, and mostly seem like they would fit my '70 GT. Here are some links:

And here are specs shown the first link:

This version is hub centric
  • • Latest Gen 4 Design
    • 15×7
    • +15 Offset
    • 4×100
    • 13.1 lbs
    • Low Pressure Cast – Flow Formed – Monoblock Construction
    • T6 Heat Treated
    • 57.1mm Center Bore
    • VIA Certified
    • JWL Approved
    • TPMS Compatible
    • 500kg Max Load Rated
    • Double Valve Design
    • Painted, Clear Coated Finish
    • Center Cap Included
    • Valves NOT Included
My question is whether these wheels, which are hub-centric, can be used on a lug-centric GT. Center bore looks right, so it seems as though the wheels would center on the GT hubs, and then maybe require different lug nuts designed for that wheel, maybe a shank instead of conical lug nut.

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
I've found some 15" wheels that I like, and mostly seem like they would fit my '70 GT. Here are some links:

And here are specs shown the first link:

This version is hub centric
  • • Latest Gen 4 Design
    • 15×7
    • +15 Offset
    • 4×100
    • 13.1 lbs
    • Low Pressure Cast – Flow Formed – Monoblock Construction
    • T6 Heat Treated
    • 57.1mm Center Bore
    • VIA Certified
    • JWL Approved
    • TPMS Compatible
    • 500kg Max Load Rated
    • Double Valve Design
    • Painted, Clear Coated Finish
    • Center Cap Included
    • Valves NOT Included
My question is whether these wheels, which are hub-centric, can be used on a lug-centric GT. Center bore looks right, so it seems as though the wheels would center on the GT hubs, and then maybe require different lug nuts designed for that wheel, maybe a shank instead of conical lug nut.
No worries that the hubs are the correct size (57.1 mm) so as to be "hub centric". Just use the normal tapered lug nuts suitable for the rims.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We run those 949 wheels on the LeMons car. They're great, just about the only part of the car that hasn't given us any problems. We thought we would need longer lug studs, but we didn't. They literally bolt right up.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts