Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know what styles of wheels are currently available for the GT. I know there is a site on the web that talks about this, but when I called the wheel stores most of them were discontinued and what wasn't discontinued, which isn't that much, really didnt look that good. I have been thinking about going with a team dynamic monza or motorsport rim, but I wanted to know what else is out there. I have seen an old style rim (69-70) that looked allot wider than the normal ones and I really liked it. If anyone knows what kinds are available (ones that are not too expensive that is) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks:D

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
You can look in salvage yards for the BMW 320i and you'll probably find the 13 x 6 BBS wheels or the 13x 6 Alpina wheels. But, if you want larger 14", 15" then the sky's the limit, oh, and money too. Just get 4 x 100mm bolt circle. Backspacing, or offset, depends on the size of the tire. The correct backspacing has been discussed several times, so, you'll have to ask the ones who have bigger wheels what's correct. There's also an Opel optional wheel from ATS that shows up on the German EBAY a lot, these look nice too.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
I've moved this pos to the (you guessed it!) "Wheels" section. Have a look around this section, and hopefully your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I've decided to go with 15" rims and spacers to correct the hard to find correct offset issue. However, with 195/50/15 tires what sort of height increase will I have over the stock 13's.? I wouldn't want to increase the clearance by much. Any thoughts?

·
Opeler
58 Posts
The ones on my car pictured above are plus 2 at 15 x 7 inch and are the same diameter as the ones I took off. With this they run 50 series tires which are much wider than the originals. I think you can go 16 inch with a 205-45/16 on 16x8 wheels if you can find them but I'm not sure that a 205 will fit inside the stock fenders if you haven't put on flares. I'm just not sure were you are going to find wheels with the right offset. Too little and your rubbing on the body and too much and your rubbing on the fenders.

·
433 Posts
I just bought a set of KOSEI K1 RACING wheels from the tire rack. They are white and they were being discounted to $119 a wheel at 17x7.5. I'm running 215/40-17s with a 35mm offset and 1 inch adaptors. These wheels weigh 17lbs, and about 37lbs with the tire.

I'm running 16x7.5 with 205/45-16 with a 30mm offset, again with 1 inch adaptors.

These wheels are specced for a Miata (same 4x100mm bolt pattern). As soon as the weather clears and I have some time, I'll snap some photos and upload into my gallery.

Happy shopping

1 - 9 of 9 Posts