Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I'm new to the forum and just bought a 1969 Opel kadett Olympia w/the 1.1 and dual single barrel solex carbs. I'm considering switching out the original sealed oil air cleaners for more modern designed cleaners. I'm wondering if this might improve engine performance. Thanks, colummbo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome

Hi I'm pretty fresh to the opel world but I have a 69 kadett aswell.. but the b version.. also it has a dual carb 1.1 and I just put these air cleaners on it..made for a vw by empi...it seems to like the air cleaners.. Haven't driven it enough to notice a big difference yet tho..

Attachments

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
I can get a set of dual carbs for these engines. They are weathered but probably rebuildable.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,424 Posts
It's been a long time ago when I was dealing with sub-1.9 Kadetts, but AFAIK this is the 1.1SR version with dual carbs. I'm not sure whether they were available in the US, but I believe they were.

Dieter

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes, it is the 11SR engine and it was available in the US, but I have never seen or heard of a stock Sprint/GS type air filter on a Kadett ohv.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts