Discussion Starter · #1 ·
air -fuel gauge

what do guys think of this?bid starts at $40

PS:truman..9 and 0.....7 to go...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The bar indicator doesn't give numbers, just an indication of what someone thinks is correct. Way too many years ago, Sears had a probe in the exhaust analog analyzer that gave a very precise air-fuel ratio. I used it many time to adjust the carbs on my racing bikes, when I was in that heavy duty. I've been trying to find one again for years, but with the advent of the EPA and smog requirments they are no longer being made. They were simple to use, plug it into an AC wall socket, stick the probe up the tailpipe and read the meter. Adjustments were almost immediately indicated on the meter face. BTW the range was 12:1 all the way to 17:1.

Ron

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
The typical narrow band o2 sensors are pretty much junk. They are highly accurate at stoich 14.7:1 and not accurate anywhere else. I would reccomend looking into the latest wide band units. They have proven to be VERY accurate and are quite affordable these days(compared to a couple years ago). While the housing is somewhat cumbersome I've had very good luck with the LM-1 from Innovate Motorsports in my GT.

At SEMA this year the LM-1 WON THE PRIME-MEDIA/CAR-CRAFT AWARD FOR BEST NEW TECHNOLOGY
PRODUCT IN RACING AND PERFORMANCE!!!!

Sorry about the caps. I cut and pasted from the LM-1 mailing list.

-Travis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.