Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
REAL competition for Ebay ?

As Ebay fees have escalated due to the fact they are the 1000lb gorilla of online auctions. The #2 auction site has now gone and eliminated ALL fees... !

Yahoo auctions (http://auctions.shopping.yahoo.com) is now free to list and buy on..

Wonder if that will change Ebay ? Just curious, anyway I am going to start using it more and hope it thrives, because the EBay fees have gone nuts.

Charles

·
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats always been the battle, Ebay was so early in the program they have all the supply, so the demand goes there. Which means the sellers have to keep selling there to sell anything at a good price. Vicious circle.

But with fees approaching $10 if you dont even use all the extra "Features" for a simple $150 item. Then the paypal fees they get to boot.. alternatives that are viable will hopefully start getting more popular.

I am selling my harnesses on Yahoo now with a $10 discount over the Ebay price and saying as much on the auction listing.

Charles

·
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Search for Bugstuff. Thier 800 number is around here they have the best prices.

Charles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.