Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for information on aftermarket seats that will fit the GT or seats from other car models that will fit. I'm aware of GT Source and the used Riccaro's thay have, but, I'm looking for other options.

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
seats

The most popular choices are, Recaro, as you have found out, but, you can get the one from the 77-83 BMW 320i series, another choice is Fieros, and still another is Miatas. Both the Fiero and Miata offer speakers in the head rests, to enhance your stereo listening.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Or, if your cheap like me :D , I look for seats that have the same width. When I get them home, I just sit down w/ paper and draw up plans to fit them to the Opel attach points. Plus, you can control the base angle some for more butt comfort. Some metal and alittle welding and "wa-la!".

·
Opeler
44 Posts
Miata seats are a nice fit with one caveat. I am about 6' 3" and when I adapted a set to fit, I could no longer drive my car. They look nice though, and are the right width. Sitting on them in my garage, they are a lot more comfortable and supportive as well.

On a somewhat related note, I have set of nice condition Miata seats for sale in San Diego if anyone needs them. One of them already has adapters and GT sliders installed, and everything lines up perfectly with stock GT mount points.

Andrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
andrewo,
Nice timing!! I was on Ebay today looking for Miata seats. What color, and how much are you willing to part with them for? Did you make your own adapter, and if so how complicated is it to do.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
maxim_96 said:
Did you make your own adapter, and if so how complicated is it to do.
Clik on "Search" in the blue line at the top of the page and write "Mita Seats" into the box and click to search. Look at the Post titled Seats (click on its title word "Seats") - there are two threads one short and the othe rwith pics of my MX5 Mita seats and a drawing of the bracket needed to attach them to the Opel GT seat rails. HTH

·
Opeler
44 Posts
maxim_96 - Drop me an email at [email protected] and we can talk about the price. I suspect howver, that shipping them to Ohio could excedd the value of the set.

They are black, and the driver's side shows some wear, mostly to the outside bolster and seat area. The passenger side looks brand new. All in all I think they are a pretty nice set. A friend of mine fashioned the adapters, but they weren't hard. You could easily replicate what I did on the driver's side for the passenger seat. I think it was about $20 worth of bar stock, and one very good drill bit.

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Recaro Seats

There is a member "notavette" that has his own site and describes how to mount the Recaros in a GT with VERY little mods and using the GT rails to boot! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
sliders are easy to mount!!!

the sliders are the easiest part of it, since theres no cables and the sliders are completely straight, they only have to be mounted to the frame of the seat you want to use with two simple, flat cross members at the same width as they came out.
BUT..... trying to find a seat thats about 18in at the base and no more than 20in of cusion hangover at the top can be a.........well. not to mention that a opel gt seat base probably isnt 5in thick and todays seats are closer to 10 inches( which is why they are so comfortable)
Learn to shave foam, weld and sew. Probably come out cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts