Opel GT Forum banner

501 - 520 of 521 Posts

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
Ken Schumm. On post #494 Ken S. Was on the list and I thought it was me. Sorry for the confusion.
Dude, just cuz there's a stay at home order doesn't mean you can't open the windows and get some oxygen. ;)

·
1,973 Posts
Update:
Great news! All confirmed buyers have given payment information and the order is in their production schedule, lead time is currently ~2 weeks.
For awareness, because of how soon these will be completed Aasco will not be charging 50% to people that paid with credit card, they will just charge in full when the flywheels are completed.

The flywheel studs are also at about 2 weeks from being completed, these will be $20 each.
I would greatly prefer shipping these with the flywheels, for anyone that has ordered a flywheel and looking for an extended clutch stud are you OK if I hold on shipping the flywheel for a fews days if they are completed before the studs are done?

·
Pedal Smasher
2,081 Posts
I'd like a set of the extended clutch studs for a S10 clutch. I'd prefer it was all shipped together.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Update:
Great news! All confirmed buyers have given payment information and the order is in their production schedule, lead time is currently ~2 weeks.
For awareness, because of how soon these will be completed Aasco will not be charging 50% to people that paid with credit card, they will just charge in full when the flywheels are completed.

The flywheel studs are also at about 2 weeks from being completed, these will be $20 each.
I would greatly prefer shipping these with the flywheels, for anyone that has ordered a flywheel and looking for an extended clutch stud are you OK if I hold on shipping the flywheel for a fews days if they are completed before the studs are done?
I would also prefer to have it shipped together..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pedal Smasher
2,081 Posts
I was notified that the flywheels are now done and that Jordan should be picking them up tomorrow.

Jordan, please let us know what we owe you for shipping and the bolts once you know.

·
1,973 Posts
The good news is out!
Flywheels are done and I will be picking them up tomorrow afternoon. Aasco said they will be processing the credit cart payments tonight.
If you specifically want your flywheel shipped before the studs are complete, please let me know. I would rather not do this, though I want to give the option.
I will know tomorrow when the studs will be complete, right now it is looking like 5/18 or 5/19 and I will be able to ship them the following business day.
I will respond again with the exact shipping cost.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The good news is out!
Flywheels are done and I will be picking them up tomorrow afternoon. Aasco said they will be processing the credit cart payments tonight.
If you specifically want your flywheel shipped before the studs are complete, please let me know. I would rather not do this, though I want to give the option.
I will know tomorrow when the studs will be complete, right now it is looking like 5/18 or 5/19 and I will be able to ship them the following business day.
I will respond again with the exact shipping cost.
Hi Jordan. Thanks for the great news.
I would prefer to have it all shipped at the same time so, no rush

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Hi Jordan, I'd like my flywheel shipped to the Machine shop where there doing my motor, and they told me would need the new flywheel and Clutch to be Balanced with the Crankshaft
I sent you the address, Thanks let me know the shipping charges

·
1,973 Posts
More good news, the clutch studs arrived today and they look great, I will post photos later tonight.

There were many requests to ship the flywheels in the manufacturer's packaging, doing this it will not be possible to ship in a USPS flat rate box, so I purchased 15"x15"x4" boxes for this.

I am able to ship these with my company's corporate Fedex account which will likely be the lowest cost option.
Exact individual shipping costs and payment collection will be a lot of work, I checked on several of your addresses and costs will be $27-$33 +2.65 for the box. It would be greatly appreciated if we can just do this as a flat rate of $35 shipping and $20 for the clutch stud.

If you paypal me $55 at [email protected] for the clutch stud and shipping I will be able to get your flywheel and stud out in the mail tomorrow with tracking number provided.

Ken Slavey, yours will be more to ship since it is 2 flywheels in a larger box, please send $85 ($40 for 2x studs, and $45 shipping).
Jacob, I will need to go to a UPS or Fedex location to get your shipping quoted, I will check this tomorrow.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,081 Posts
I just sent you $55 through PayPal. Thanks for doing this Jordan. I now have one less part to source for my 2.4.
-Joseph Bauer

·
Registered
52 Posts
More good news, the clutch studs arrived today and they look great, I will post photos later tonight.

There were many requests to ship the flywheels in the manufacturer's packaging, doing this it will not be possible to ship in a USPS flat rate box, so I purchased 15"x15"x4" boxes for this.

I am able to ship these with my company's corporate Fedex account which will likely be the lowest cost option.
Exact individual shipping costs and payment collection will be a lot of work, I checked on several of your addresses and costs will be $27-$33 +2.65 for the box. It would be greatly appreciated if we can just do this as a flat rate of $35 shipping and $20 for the clutch stud.

If you paypal me $55 at [email protected] for the clutch stud and shipping I will be able to get your flywheel and stud out in the mail tomorrow with tracking number provided.

Ken Slavey, yours will be more to ship since it is 2 flywheels in a larger box, please send $85 ($40 for 2x studs, and $45 shipping).
Jacob, I will need to go to a UPS or Fedex location to get your shipping quoted, I will check this tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for the update and effort Jordan.
Just let me know when you know the cost..

·
1,973 Posts
13.2lb less with the aluminum flywheel.
The studs should have plenty of adjustable range for the S-10 clutch, though hang on to your stock ones in case you want to go back to a stock flywheel/clutch.

·
1,973 Posts
To set the clutch fork with 4.75" to the bell housing mounting surface as has been recommended for the the S-10 clutch disengagement throw, the stock clutch stud is positioned with just enough threads for the lock nut.
This leaves 49mm of stud extension from the ball end to the inside of the bell housing, as soon as there is any clutch wear this will need to be extended past the adjustable range of the stock stud, this describes the need for the extended studs.
The new stud fully threaded in leaves 48mm of stand off from the ball end to the inside of the bell housing. I realize this is close, though I didn't set out to reinvent the wheel, I merely had parts machined to a recipe that seems to have been done a number of times now, the studs started off as PN 959 from ezaccessories.com.

Could someone that has used the machined 959 wheel lug bolts chime in on the adjustable range concern, any issues experienced?

The threads are rolled, though worst case could be threaded further down the stud, the additional threading would not have much thread engagement, though would provide clearance for a bit more adjustable range if necessary.

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Thanks Jordan for making the pivots, My Guess it's just a Bolt,, so maybe can be threaded all the way,
This way Clutch pivot bolt dial all way back ward for the Transmission Install,,not in way.. other wise pivot arm... might be too close,,to clutch fingers in my past experience, makes the install easier
Just my thoughts., didn't get word if you sent them?

·
Pedal Smasher
2,081 Posts
I also got mine this morning. Thanks Jordan for doing this. Is there supposed to be a nut for the clutch pivot bolt?

501 - 520 of 521 Posts