Opel GT Forum banner

521 - 530 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
That doesn’t sound good...
Haha Need more adjustment. Installed my T5 and my fork was just flapping in the breeze.

My flywheel was machined flat and the pressure plate I'm using is a little thinner. I don't want to install it again until I'm capable of more adjustment.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,495 Posts
Does anyone know what size thread the bolts need to be to mount the pressure plate to the flywheel?

·
Registered
'73 GT
26 Posts
Does anyone know what size thread the bolts need to be to mount the pressure plate to the flywheel?
Either M8x1.25 or 5/16-20... They're near enough that they would thread into each other, 5/16"=7.9375mm and 1/20”=1.27mm. I'm in the position where I need to buy new hardware for mine as well and would also like to know. The Flywheel to crank bolts are M10x1.0 so I would assume the pp to fw would be M8x1.25, but when you assume...

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,495 Posts
Mike, I tried looking. I’m sorry I didn’t see post 497. This isn’t exactly a short thread, and I started towards the beginning.

·
Senior Contributor
1,642 Posts
Mike, I tried looking. I’m sorry I didn’t see post 497. This isn’t exactly a short thread, and I started towards the beginning.
Jeez,, Start on Page 25. You posted input into the thread too, I guess your using your smart phone.
T
Lots of Good Info. Get it before the pages are lost..LOl

As per RallyBob post

#497 · Apr 22, 2020

jordan said:
The bolts are easy to source, you should use M8-1.25 class 10.9 or greater, fully threaded with a hardened washer. I don't know the flywheel thickness, but 1" threaded length should be plenty.

The stock flywheel bolts should be no issue, alternatively you can use Ford Pinto ARP flywheel bolts ARP # 151-2801. This was a recommendation from Bob years ago, I have used them and they worked great...something about tightening a 12pt bolt with a 12pt socket...nice stuff.
M10 x 1.00 for the 1.5-2.2 engines.

M10 x 1.25 for the 2.4 engines.
The 2.0 liter Pinto bolts work great on the 1.9 crank, BUT, with a stock flywheel anyway...they need to be shortened a bit, 030”/.75 mm for safety from bottoming out
Reactions:Autoholic
SaveShare
Reply Quote

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,495 Posts
Dang. I can’t believe I had read it in the past. I started a few pages in and went like 6 pages. Didn’t think to start at the end and go back like 6 pages. Thanks for finding it.

Wait, we were talking about the flywheel bolts there. Not the pressure plate bolts.

521 - 530 of 530 Posts