Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,060 Posts
Learned something new again - I have never seen that spring before - Will also be interested to hear the purpose as my lights work flip very easily without it - no issues

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,060 Posts
Respectfully, if you need to " When pushing the handle forward, you are using both your arms and your back, the musculature in your back being quite significant." it sounds like some lubrication to overcome the friction is in order either in the headlight bucket, HL actuator arm or the cable. Just looking at used parts that I have sold, the part with the potentially most resistance is the cable, and I can easily slide a cable in my two hands.
I agree, with the lights properly lubed including the cable and everything adjusted correctly they roll over pretty easy. I can however remember a time when that was not the case......I also remember a time when you had to really slam them or one would not lock - that turned out to be an adjustment on the main rod

1 - 2 of 2 Posts