Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Baz.....you're so right this is depressing, and whats more theres the big GM meeting this week down in Northampton.....it's been on / off all week and they finally made a decision on Wednesday that it was going ahead.

Just finished packing the Omega and putting the kids seats in the GT........and guess what the weathers doing.......Pi&$ing Down!!!!

If it carrys on like this the GT's going nowhere and neather am I !

2 days camping in non-stop rain is not fun, especially when there's 2 young kids to entertain.

Fingers Crossed hey!

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
On to Rain

I think it has gotten past depressing with all this rain! Its rained so long that it is almost the norm. The normal average total rain to date is 22.44" (57cm)and to date we have had 38.76"(98.45cm). On May 6th we had a total for the year of 14.63" (37.16cm); for June 6th it was 23.56"(59.84cm) normal average for the month of June is 3.92". We have already passed our total yearly average of 35.19" (89.38cm) and rain is forecasted for the next 3 to 4 days with another 4" to 8" possible. There have been days that it rained 9 days straight. Now this is based off of the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport data. There are areas that have received more than the 38.76"(98.45cm) with some those receiving as 11"(27.94) in less than a 12 hour period. So Baz jolly ol' England had 14 " in 4 days well I guess it is it is true "THINGS IN TEXAS ARE BIGGER":bs2:.
At least the rain has held the temperatures down in the 70's and 80's normally its near the mid to upper 90's.

So if you got any spare dingies send a few this way will ya? :)

·
Super Moderator
13,249 Posts
The weather is truly crazy, I was watching the weather maps this morning and the drought in some areas is unbelievable. Yet torrential downpours in other areas in adjacent states. They were predicting 126 degrees today in Death Valley! The record is 127. I heard it hit 114 in Vegas, which is a new record as well. I think I begin to melt at 105....

For once I'm happy it's only going to be 84 today in CT. Timid by comparison.

Bob

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I get fussy with any temperature above 80 degrees. I am an angry little man after 85. I am really looking forward to my company's national sales meeting... in Texas... in August.

Being on Cape Cod is truly a unique weather environment. Temperatures are almost always 5 -10 degrees cooler than immediately off-Cape in the summer, and 5 - 10 degrees warmer in the winter. Precipitation is strange too, while we never truly get to a drought status, there have been many times that I have watched horrendous, fire and brimstone storms charging across southern New England, with reports of inch/hour rainfall. Then it hits the canal, vaporizes, and is only light rain that lasts less than an hour.

But then once every 7 years or so, God drops his hammer in the form of a hurricane.

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Just a year ago Texas, Oklahoma and Western Arkansas were in severe drought. Everyone was under water rationing, burn bans and many local small towns were threatened due to municipal water supplies with less than 45 days. Interstates and highways were frequently closed due wild grass fires.

Now its been raining for the last couple of weeks and all of the creeks, ponds, lakes and rivers are out of their banks. In Arkansas, the week of July 4th is usually one of the hottest weeks of the year and signals the end of rain to the area until September or October, pop-up thunder showers excluded.

I haven't been able to mow parts of my yard due to standing water. The rest of it needs to be mowed twice a week!

The temps this week have been in the upper 70's and low 80's with rain everyday...... instead of 95 to 105........ go figure.....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts