Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a legit website, seems like maybe an aggregater or worse it could be one of the scam sites (I just checked and it seems so). But it's still kind of neat to peruse thru ads for a lot of different Opels. Many of them I don't recall seeing those cars before.

Opel classic cars for sale

·
Registered
701 Posts

"Stole my ad from years ago and posted it up on their site. I cant get them to take it off. Scammer!”

"They stole my ad from craigslist and put on it on their site! Its been years and people still keep contacting me for it but i never put it on their site and i dont have the car anymore."

I believe the scam is just a search-engine-optimization scam. Not a "take your money scam". They get many people to go there which looks like authentic traffic, and meanwhile the cross-links they have boost the apparent legitimacy of other digital properties on the site.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over on another forum there was plenty of discussion about a similar site that presented the cars as theirs. They actually got some people to spend money on cars they didn't on.

All that stuff sucks...then again, it's a nice little archive of Opels for sale. Lots of pics.

·
Vendor
2,772 Posts
Over on another forum there was plenty of discussion about a similar site that presented the cars as theirs. They actually got some people to spend money on cars they didn't on.

All that stuff sucks...then again, it's a nice little archive of Opels for sale. Lots of pics.
but not many sale prices for the old ads. Make it difficult to use this site for valuations.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what photoshop is for!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts