Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
Cautioned my machinist of the rarity and expense of the cyl head casting we are working with. The question now becomes whether or not any of y'all ever experienced any problems breaching the water jacket while cutting for the hardened exhaust seats?? I've supplied PEP PC1625-1 seats which are 0.218" depth by inch and 5/8.
You should have no problem but Gil at OGTS will know for sure.

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
This is how most of my "projects" go. Right in the middle of building a motor I find these:
Lucky you.
All I ever find, when rebuilding motors, is rust and mouse turds.

Reactions: mbasura

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
On average what would it cost to power coat something like that. I am thinking of power coating my air cleaner can, top, and snorkel and the new weber carb cover from OGTS. Based on your experience would you have a ball park figure. I plan to have it completely sanded to metal upon delivery to the provider.
You can do it yourself, buying everything, for the price someone would charge (assuming you have an air compressor)

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
And a spare oven you don’t want to use to make food again
Ovens are free all the time. You just need to look in the free section on Craigslist or on freecycle.

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
Yeah, sure. "Oven that is wide enough to get an Opel axle body in it. Free to good hands. I can deliver to you as well."

:oops:

Dieter
I saw he wanted to powder coat his snorkel and air cleaner. I missed where he wanted to powder coat his axle.

I managed to powder coat 3 engine blocks, 4 heads, a couple oil pans, valve covers, timing covers, water pumps and a lot of other odds and ends with a free 30" oven I got off a neighbors porch. Yes, I had permission.

Reactions: Will I. Finish

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
Dorman 610-312
or
Dorman 610-312.1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts