Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

It is again time for all Opelers in the nearby area Ohio PA, MI to gather for our summer event. We will be meeting again at our home in Tallmadge, OH (just outside of Akron) on Saturday, July 16th. Please plan to arrive any time after 9:00 a.m. We will provide food (burgers and potato or pasta salad).

Please bring, questions, parts, or demo ideas. We will probably take our "field
trip" to Summit Racing.

If you will be coming from afar and need to spend the night, we have one spare bed, a pull out couch, two regular couches and lots of floor space. (If you need to come in Friday night, that is ok too)

It would be helpful if you could let us know if you are coming so I know how much food to provide.

Vickie & Allen Gage

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great!

We hope to top our number of cars this summer. I think we had six before)

Vickie

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two weeks left...

I am just bringing this to the front to remind people that this event is in just two weeks.

Maybe we can get some of the Southern Ohio Opelers to participate. Washout? Alan Clift?

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only 10 more days

So far, I have heard from Adam Huprick, Tom Cavataio, Ken Alderson and Ron Mattern who are planning to come. We also hope to have the 2 local guys here.

We would love to have more of you join us!

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This Saturday--July 16

Last reminder...hope you all can make it.

Also..our cable service is down until Monday, so I will not be on line as much. If you need to contact us....call (330-633-3191)

Vickie

·
587 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this Saturdays gathering. It will be my first car event of the year. I'm going to my storage garage now to get the GT . I haven't started it since April 8. I'm going to give it a good check over & change the oil. New engine is broken in. Time to put in the synthetic.

Vickie, I'll talk to Ron today or tomorrow about caravanning down with him. I will be up his way picking up my passenger in Erie. So I will be taking the long way to Tallmadge. 4 hrs instead of 2.

~ Tom

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
i had my gt ready to go for saturday, but now my tie rod ends are shot, so i have to try and get that fixed so i can drive it,

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom..That does make for a bit longer trip!

Ron is bringing Bobby and Crystal with him.

Adam, Looking forward to meeting you!. Isn't it amazing how an Opel meet can motivate you to get lots of work done on your car? :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Allen talked to the two local guys. Randy will make it with the GT (if he can get it running) or without it

Joe really wanted to come, but seems he it taking his wife to Vegas for a long weekend to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary (hmmm...priorities).

Looks like we could have about 11-12 people. Not sure how many GT's since several are in various stages of repair.

Vickie

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
i just wanted to say THANK YOU vickie and allen for everything. i really appreciate everything that you have already done for me. i hope that someday i am able to return the favor.

i really enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to be able to do it again.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We had a good crowd of Opelers

Tom Catataio and Bridget from PA
Ron Mattern and his 2 kids (Bobby and Crystal) from PA
Ken Alderson from Westlake
Adam Huprich from Akron
Randy and Linda from Tallmadge

We had five Opels to look at and parts to swap. Ken brought one of his cars in his briefcase (broken rod end that came through the side of the block on his SCCA manta). His GT his almost restored. Engine was done last week and it is on to the interior shop. Tom drove his 2.0 GT. Ron didn't have room for all of them in the GT. Randy is having electrical problems and it won't start and Adam's discovered a smashed front suspension shock tower the day before our get together.

However, it sounds like with the progress being made we should have quite a few more cars by our next meet.

It was good to see everyone again and meet Adam. We are looking forward to Opels across America in October.

Vickie & Allen

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
if you get a date for your october meet i can request those 3 days off to be sure i get there, of if its on saturday even leave right after school and arrive in the AM or even camp in the car in the driveway
:D

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jared:

It will be after Springfield, probably Sat, Oct. 15th. What do you mean sleep in the driveway? You can have the hide-a-bed, the couch or maybe even a real bed this time. :eek:

Are you planning on going to Springfield this year?

Vickie

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
cuz vicki, i'd leave friday after school, which would put me there at 11 or 12PM, i woudlnt wanna wake nobody up, and manta is pretty comfy. i planned on going to route66 and one of the meets you guys will be holding. then again, maybe the GT will be done by then and the manta can go into the works. its almost got all its bugs worked out, almost.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jared...when we get to then..don't worry about it...I'll leave the door open for you and you know your way around...you can sleep inside. :D

Great. we will look forward to seeing you at Springfield. We are going...just don't know which car(s) we may be taking.

Vickie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts