Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Certified Opelholic
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not really a barn find but close
after my trip to TX last week I can report I now have all my stuff in one location :oops:
first time since 1999
loading that GT really kicked my butt
I also managed to take a pic at an San Angelo hotel on my way back to CO

I just need to figure out what I am going to do with this car lol

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Great news, having everything in one place will certainly make it easier to focus on in your free time.
I just need to figure out what I am going to do with this car lol
You can drop it off at my house :whistle:

Reactions: davegt27

·
Certified Opelholic
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That GT looks like it's in really good condition. Do you plan to restore it or sell it?

no Idea,

I spent some time cleaning it out today
and found some rust on the belly pan (you know below where the original Batt would go)

I will take a closer look tomorrow

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,700 Posts
It looks good enough to want to buy it and I'm in NM. I'm sure my family and friends will wonder why I bought another GT but GTs with a good body can be hard to find within a short drive of me. I know of one sitting in an outdoor storage yard but it's been hard to track down the owner and see if that person wants to sell it. It just sits there and has for a long time.

·
UngerDog
1,323 Posts
It looks good enough to want to buy it and I'm in NM. I'm sure my family and friends will wonder why I bought another GT
I'm always looking. But, when my wife sees me looking at another one on the computer, she asks me in a stern questioning way ... "You're not thinking about getting another one?" Me ... "No Dear, just window shopping." She probably knows I'm not being 100% truthful, because I just about never call her Dear.

Just by the first few photos, it does look like a good candidate for restoration.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,700 Posts
I’m 8 hrs from Denver. Part of me says offer $1k and I’ll show up and load it myself on a trailer and take it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm always looking. But, when my wife sees me looking at another one on the computer, she asks me in a stern questioning way ... "You're not thinking about getting another one?" Me ... "No Dear, just window shopping." She probably knows I'm not being 100% truthful, because I just about never call her Dear.

Just by the first few photos, it does look like a good candidate for restoration.
AHHH I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that can't look at something with out being questioned and Dear is my go to also

Reactions: soybean
1 - 14 of 14 Posts