Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’ve seen this, and think it’s for a heater box, I don’t think it is a hinge, but I cannot place it. I have several of these NOS, and seems to be a good amount of 50 series parts in it. So what and where is it and application? The insert is threaded and goes all the way through, but the insert doesn’t go all the way through, just the hole for the threaded screw to clear

·
Registered
676 Posts
I certainly won't say that isn't an Opel part, but I've had every every bolt, screw, nut and washer off of a GT and I don't ever recall seeing it before.

·
Opel Key Master
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s not for a GT, I don’t think it is for a Kadett. I often buy a group lot of NOS parts, and in a mixture of Opel parts, there were 7 of these, unpackaged, but feel like I have seen these in the Manta, just can’t place them. There really wasn’t anything non-Opel in the lot, so I guess I will have to wait and see

·
Opel Key Master
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is why I feel it is something for the blower motor housing or something like that, this is a picture of the side of a Kadett blower housing, same type of plastic with brass inserts

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
430 Posts
I am going to assume this is made from a phenolic resin and the the brass insert is an 8mm x 1.25 pitch.
So my guess is some kind of cable holder/management for a pre 80's car ventilation system.

·
Premium Member
1970 Pearl White GT
103 Posts
lateral hole for the heater control cables to slide into and the part screws/pops into the firewall?

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts
Confirmed: model 50 glovebox hinge.

Reactions: kwilford
1 - 11 of 11 Posts