Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share what a fool with opelitzs will do.I bought a parts car to strip for parts.Never would i imagine in 30 year a car could rust so badly.I have never see anything like it! The hood fell off & the front bumper bolts are there but no bumper.I took the light lenes and rear bumper off and may use the headliner for some crazy reason that's still good.The seats are fair but smell like a junkyard.The gauges and bezels are good that's what i was looking for.The dash is okay better than my other one.It has a stock am radio if anybody is interested. I don't know if it's worth yanking the drive train just to have for whatever reason but i guess i will.But to sum it up this ones going to the crusher!
Capt.

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
I had a few of those my self, went to take the front bumper off and in just decentagrated in my hand only held togehter by the Chrome. Drive train is quick and easy to remove and my be good spares down the road. I will usally take aevery thing off one befor it goes to the crusher, hinges , bolts. emblems, cables head light mech., they are gerat for parts generaly if the a of any condition, if in possestion of keys, door handles and ingnition cylinder.

·
197 Posts
Yes by all means strip the car completely down to the useless rusted shell. I have a 71 parts car that is ate up with rust as well, due to the salt on the roads in the winter time. Wonder where they get all that salt...oh yea Salt Lake City. Any way I will be sending one to the crucher as well but not until there is nothing useable left on it. The more spare parts that are saved, the longer GTs can stay on the road in original configuration

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.