Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just came up on eBay.de (excuse the AltaVista Babel Fish translation from German):

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2461016350&category=30175

CIH disc brake HA Kadett C OPEL GT Manta :
To the auction here a new disk brake system comes for the rear axles of the large Opel's! This plant can be driven with 13"rims, the conversion kit consists of the following parts: Expanders from high-strength aluminum, high-strength screw set of 12,9, letter copy of the plant, 1 few new brake disks and who would not like also brake calipers (to cost however surcharge of 145,00 euro the pair) with the change must a knockout spindle is pulled, it also no internal drums with this system used, there ORIGINALS parking brake rope of far use finds!! Change lasts approx.. 50 min. per side. Only after receipt of payment all details are communicated to the brake. It acts with the blocked parts such as brake disks, brake calipers and brake linings around mass production parts with each accessory trade to be acquired can!! Dispatch of 10,50 euro carries buyers! Considered also my other auctions because of new your-genuine the additive: Private sales, no guarantee, no warranty, no conversion! The additive is not to represent a reduction of the offered parts. Much fun with ersteigern. Internationally Bidders of acres Welcome!!

Any one know if this works on a GT or Manta/Ascona? It looks like some kind of rotor (perhaps from a Senator/Diplomat?) that replaces the rear drum, and has an adaptor that the caliper attaches to. It mentions "large Opels", but the bolt pattern appears to be 4X100, and the differential appears somewhat "Manta-like", which bodes well for the GT. It doesn't show brake pads, but I presume that they are normally installed. It also refers to an internal e-brake drum, so perhaps the original application used an internal drum brake shoe, al la Toyota rear disc brakes. And the "Buy it Now" price is 299 EUR, or about $300 USD (plus $145 USD for the calipers), so quite a bit less than some aftermarket rear brake conversions. Interesting...

Attachments

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
keith those are "teves"callipers used on fords and i think vw 's
dont know which rotor it is
i would think its from a low end astra /kadet

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
it still doesn't tell you about the mounting bracket

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
bqs4 the mounting bracketis that rusty bit and it holds with 2 bolts i will tack pics and measurments soon and post
may require a plate with 2 threaded holes welded onto hub or may bolt on as adapter

think i will have to go into the export market i pay $50 for that lot so theres money in them there hills:D

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Baz;
What part would you be selling, just the mounting bracket/plate?

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
bsq4
i was only joking (no opel rear axel to work off i use jaguar)
i pay $50 for a set of teves brakes in local junk yards
i was just thinking that if its a good option im going to get a lot of pm,s for me to go raid all my local yards
im all ready serching for 2.4 engines (with no joy so far btw)
best model to go for would be european ford granada dont know if its a car that was sold in US but high speck merkers with rear disks would have the right ones and i know they made it to the US {theres a pic of half a one in my pics}

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
are they audi 80 front disks with rear calipers?
and dod they get redrilled for opel or are they like that originally ?
nice gas grooves shop done?

(and still teves calipers)

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
We did have a Ford Granada, but, I seriously doubt that it's anything like yours. We did get the Mekur XR4ti(?) but, they're as rare as hen's teeth. Audi we have tons of. So, if this teves mounting bracket is one off a Audi, it would be bst if you post a picture of the particular model(s)?

·
Opeler
42 Posts
I have to ask my friend what particular model of Audi was it but I am almost sure that some Quattro.

Attachments

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
gene if you look at strip 77's pics you can see the mouting plate made from mild steel and welded onto hub
its just a case of some care full measureing then fab it up and get it welded on by some one who is a good welder (we dont want brakes spinning around with the disk after all)
if the grandad made it to the states and has the teves brakes or an audi /VW/ possibly a porche 924 (just a reworked audi when alls said and done)

well there was a pic of the bracket!!

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Baz;
I have taken a little bit of time to really look at the picture of these teves brakes, and they look familiar, they look like the ones on Nissans. My wife used to have a 93 Maxima SE, and my sister currently owns a 96 Sentra, and these look exactly like them.

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
gene they are used all over europe so bleed into nissan (there uk factory is 5 mile from here) they are also ownd by renault from france and they are starting to share plaforms and parts
i dont know the nissan names you gave i will have to look them up to relate to uk names but would think its the same parts

dont know what happend to strip77's pic of the mounting but all it is is a length of mild steel with two bosses welded on that are taped to match the bolts and welded onto the hub on the square flange (in the right place of cause)

·
149 Posts
A Sentra would be a JDM Sunny.
A Maxima would be a JDM Cefiro.

The Porsche 924 is out. Unless you can find one with the M-471 option, all had drum brakes in the rear. M-471 cars and type 931 (924 turbo) were both equipped with rear disks. These disks were later used in the rear of the 944; the master cylinder however is not the same as the 944. The front of the 924 used disk brakes, they were sourced from VW rabbits (golf) and Beatles. To use the rear disks would probably require 15” rims, and the front disk would require 14” minimum. Probably more info than anyone wanted.

Darrin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts