Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
Care to speculate when the Ascona is going to be ready to drive? It may be a good idea to set the date for sometime after you expect it to be ready...plus a little fudge factor:)

This would also give others in New England a little more time to get their cars ready.

Think we could get Jim and Gregg to each bring a car?

-Travis

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
I know a guy with access to a large seculded parking lot just outside of Hardford:) We could have a BBQ, poke at our cars(theres a pretty good supply of tools), check our corner weights and do some laps around the building. Could be a good time...

-Travis

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
They have a map on their web site in addition to the directions below.

-Travis

http://www.tortillasams.com/directions.html

From the East
Take the Mass Pike to the 495 Exit. Go north on 495 until you get to the 290 exit. Take 290 west into Worcester. Get off at Exit 18/Route 9. Bear right off the ramp following signs for Route 9 West. Go through a couple of lights until you get to the Route 9 intersection and take a right going west which is also Highland Street. Tortilla Sam's is a 1/2 mile on the left.

From the West
Take the Mass Pike to exit 10 in Auburn. Get on 290 going east. Take Exit 17/Route 9. Take a left at the end of the ramp onto Route 9 West. Follow through a major intersection (Route 9 and Highland Street are one in the same at that point), and Tortilla Sam's is 1/2 mile on the left.

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
RallyBob said:

Gonna have your GT mobil?

No, it's not going to make it. I broke the motor in last weekend and all seemed to go well. Afterwards I dropped the idle down to 1200 rpm and the motor sounds a little funny so I haven't done much with the motor since. Up close to the motor(my exhaust is load) it kinda sounds like a tractor. Doesn't sound like bearings to me and my oil pressure is good. I'm not sure what piston slap from .005" clearance is going to sound like. But my guess is that it's the seemingly huge ~.024" lash of the valves(I don't recall the exact numbers).

Chris had assured me I'd have the roller rockers before the weekend and since I'd prefer to open the motor only once to double check/set the valve lash I figured I'd wait. A bit naive of me I guess:) I've had other stuff to do on the car so waiting hasn't really been a set back

-Travis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.