Opel GT Forum banner

any good pages for buick opel kadetts?

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  G.v.Mainberg 
#1 ·
hello!

i'm new to this board, and as you can see, i'm from germany. i drive a '71 opel kadett coupe.
you can see it here:
www.hartmutkrau.de/kadett.htm

i was wondering, if you know any good links for buick opel kadetts in the us? with some pictures specifications etc....

thanks in advance! =)

regards,
florian :)

#2 ·
Welcome!

Folrian,

Welcome to the site. Lots of GTs here but a few Kadetts as well.

I have a 1972 GT but am trying to convince the present owner of a 1967 1/2 Kadette Rallye to sell it too me so I can be a Kadett owner too.

If you use the "Search" feature on the top blue line and ype "Kadett" into the box that appears then all the postings with the word Kadett in them will be listed.

Have fun! and Happy Opel Kadetting.

BTW: Had a look at the pictures of your Kadett and it is VERY nice :cool:

#5 ·
thank you!

i try to keep the car as original as i can. the paintjob is the first, and the vinyl roof looks like it was mounted yesterday :cool:
but both are over 30 years old... =)

it has original 51000 kilometers and drives sweeeeet....

but at the moment, with all the ice and salt on the street, it rest peacefully in my garage, till spring arrives...

so i got the time to fix some things, so i built in an original '71 grundig opel radio and an original grundig ac220 cassetteplayer:
interior

those chrome "lines" (??) on the middle of the doors and around are not original, i took them of last week, underneath there are original painted rallye stripes :D

CAN'T WAIT TILL SPRING ARRIVES!!!

#6 ·
oldopelguy said:
I would love to get a set of those tail light lenses for my own Kadett. I love the amber turn signals.
oh, rigtht - you've got red lights over there, right? i'd love to own an american kadett with that different front...
i love that "olympia" front on normal kadetts, unfortunatly those were only built for the usa...

#7 ·
Tail light lenses . . .

oldopelguy said:
I would love to get a set of those tail light lenses for my own Kadett. I love the amber turn signals.
Great car!! Ditto on the tail light lenses for my '69 . . . any sources there? :confused:

#8 ·
well, try german ebay! you can get many rearlights there!
here's one for exampel:
left rear light

if you have problems with shipping let me know!
i could take care of it and send it over, would be no problem! :)

those tail lights will cost about 30 dollars i guess (for never used and new items).... :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Willkommen!

Willkommen im Forum! Auf Deinen Kadett kann man nur neidisch sein! Wenn Du ihn jemals verkaufen willst, Du weist wo Du mich finden kannst... ;-)
Habe im Winter 89/90 mit der Restauration eines 1.9 F-Coupe's angefangen, damals noch in Deutschland. Bin seit 6 1/2 Jahren in USA und schraube immer noch dran rum...
Dieter

#12 ·
Interest in Kadetts growing?

Mmmmm . . . interest in Kadetts seems to be growing. VVERRRRYY INTERRRESTING! (My best Arte Johnson "Laugh-In" impression) . . . :rolleyes:

#13 ·
pics

@GermanKadett: check out a few pics here: http://opelgt.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/3047. The white one. Sometimes I just drive it up the trailer and go to a Opel meeting... Yes, its not original anymore... I'll post some pics in one...two...three... weeks and send you a msg!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.