Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Dunno?

I would just like to get a general consensus on how many GT owners there are in portland oregon, if any.

·
312 Posts
ding! :D Salem

-Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow!

hehe, hey now! i am from salem too.:D NE salem to be excact. and i know of another house somewhat close to me that has a gt as well. its blue:cool: ...hey if that is you Dan, howdy

(i drive or walk past it all the time and gaze at it:eek: )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello from Seattle!

Of course there are those of us in Washington...

We will be having an Opel Gathering in Tacoma this July. It would be nice to see you folks from Oregon too!

·
312 Posts
hey if that is you Dan, howdy

Thought it'd be sorta funny if I said "yes, it's me"... and then next time passing by you stopped to chat... and then the awkward situation that'd occur as you two figured out the confusing meeting, and decided "Dan" should have flat tires :eek: if you ever found him... and then I didn't think it'd be so funny anymore!

So... Howdy anyway! :) But that's not me. I'm orange & on the west. Kinda on the uphill side of a resto-mod w/GT now... shooting for June to be on road... so, hope to see ya "there" then!

-Dan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swap Meet?

I remember hearing something about a huge swap meet at the expo center in portland this friday, sat., and sunday. I don't know if this is true or not but I am going to check it out. Have any of you heard someting of the sort??

·
Registered
20 Posts
o_O

hehe, dan. yeah i am in restro stage too... front on blocks and inside empty... but sooo close to running, just if i could get the stupid vacuum advace to work(???-not sure if thats it but, its the best guess i can come up with)

mike

·
247 Posts
GTSMOOTH, yes the yearly swap meet is this weekend. Just helped my friend load up his truck and trailer. It is a huge meet, bring your walking shoes. Mostly hot rod stuff, but you never know. I am working and cant make this one, dang. Have fun.

Dan, from Oakland, OR.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heard from a couple of guys who said there might, stress might, be some stuff of importance. Manuals, possibly parts, and the like. Thought it would be fun to check out. Might find something cool anyways!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesssss!

From the time between my last post and this post. I got my 1970 opel running. Yes, its a tad bit rough. But I finally got it! just a little excited. Thought ya'll like to know!!!!!

·
Über Genius
8,752 Posts
I will have an OPEL GT here on Easter. Live just inside portland on Mt Scott. I need a favor from someone nearby. Could I come by and measure the lug pattern on your Opel. I need to put bigger wheels on my Opel to get it up here on a dolley. Or if someone could measure them and send the dimensions to

[email protected]

I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts