Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if any of you opelers out there have attempted to install or ever seen a toyota supra 3.0 L inline 6 in a gt. I have a 69gt and wish to get alot of HP without going with a v6 or v8. I could leave the engine stock and 235 hp. I know that the gt rear end would not hold up for very long. I was thinking about swapping with a rx7 or supra. Any advice, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well, if you don't want a V6, then why is a straight-6 ok?

Personally, I have to vote Rotary here. It seems that a good amount of people have done this, which means you could get help, plus, a 3-rotor Cosmo engine + tranny, from Japan, runs only about $2,000. That'll easily put out 200hp, NA, with less weight than a straight 6.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
opel I-6?

I have a friend in Australia who could probably get a couple of Opel Commodore CIH I-6's on their way to seattle, with a little coaxing.

They might even come with 5-speeds........

·
648 Posts
Also remember that with a straight 6 you are going to be extending the weight FORWARD of the front axle....not the best thing for good handling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that a rotary weighs less than an inline 6, but the supra engine isn't much more than the 1.9. I just wanted to do something different. Alot of people have done the rotary thing. I may even end up doing that also. It was just an idea.

·
179 Posts
Can I get more info on the Rotary Engine thing? I just found a Gt over the weekend (my first Opel) and am looking at possible engine options. Is there a site dedicated to the Rotary-In-An-Opel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.