Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of your 4spd pan not sealing due to warped mounting holes? I asked a local machine shop and they can make a CNC one from Billet Aluminum (with drain plug hole) for ~$275/ea. Anyone have interest in this? Its expensive, yes, but will be bulletproof, look nice, easier fluid changes, and keep fluid cooler (can probably even deepen it to increase fluid capacity).

Let me know if you do. I need 10 people to make it worthwhile.

-jeff

[email protected] gmail.com

·
Super Moderator
13,456 Posts
Guess I'd better get my steel fabricated deep sump 4-speed oil pans to market sooner than expected, lol...

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,277 Posts
Howsabout a valve cover covered with bungs for every conceivable add on: Engine vapor analyzers, vapor temp gauge, sonic valve lash sensors, fuel injection-style oil squirters, etc.

Let's not forget cup or beer can holders and an Opel GT Bump valve cover cap holder!

:banana:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not yet

I'm hoping to get the price down a bit and do the cad-work on my end instead of paying them to reverse engineer it. I'm trying to keep it to a nominal plate thickness so ~1", but maybe add some cool fins and a drain bung. I'll let you guys know what/if I come up with anything. This was just a blind quote with the machine shop done out of frustration with my pan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts