3,082 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Opeler
3,082 Posts
Let us know if you get a price. I'd be curious. Jarrell
https://www.opelgt.com/forums/opels...l-octoberfeast-10-25-14-a-14.html#post1407125

(Item 14) Differential Covers. Your choice SRS Racing or Extra Capacity Strauss. Comes with bolts and hardware.
Regularly $ 279.95 Sale $ 250.

https://www.edelschmiede.com/shop/navi.php?a=1681&lang=eng
SRS racing aluminum differential cover with cooling fins, 'gr. cih axle ', Opel div.
€ 149.95 including 19% VAT. , plus shipping

Ribbed aluminum differential cover for Opel cih rear axles for better cooling. Suitable for the "big" Opel axles, 1.5l to 3.0l cih as well as diesel and 1.3S OHC, like Kadett B / C, Manta / Ascona A & B, Rekord C / D, Commodore A / B and Opel GT were installed.
The oil volume of the cover has been increased by about a third, so more oil can ensure better cooling and lubrication. Incidentally, aluminum has 6 times better thermal conductivity than steel and the surface was increased three times with the help of the cooling fins. The cover is finely blasted and also suitable for so-called "BIS" axles, since there is a lubricating web on the inside for the wheel bearings!
Racing flair and technical optimization in one! Developed by reprotec!
The delivery takes place as a complete set with a suitable seal, screws with suitable copper sealing rings and a spacer ring for the Panhard rod. Wow!

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,277 Posts
Thanks Lindsay, I didn’t think about the advantages of having the finned and more capacity for oil to circulate for cooling. Unfortunately I already renovated my rear components. I attached a photo of my cover. I suppose I could still add the aluminum finned cover. Although it is a bit pricey.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
https://www.opelgt.com/forums/opels...l-octoberfeast-10-25-14-a-14.html#post1407125

(Item 14) Differential Covers. Your choice SRS Racing or Extra Capacity Strauss. Comes with bolts and hardware.
Regularly $ 279.95 Sale $ 250.

https://www.edelschmiede.com/shop/navi.php?a=1681&lang=eng
SRS racing aluminum differential cover with cooling fins, 'gr. cih axle ', Opel div.
€ 149.95 including 19% VAT. , plus shipping

Ribbed aluminum differential cover for Opel cih rear axles for better cooling. Suitable for the "big" Opel axles, 1.5l to 3.0l cih as well as diesel and 1.3S OHC, like Kadett B / C, Manta / Ascona A & B, Rekord C / D, Commodore A / B and Opel GT were installed.
The oil volume of the cover has been increased by about a third, so more oil can ensure better cooling and lubrication. Incidentally, aluminum has 6 times better thermal conductivity than steel and the surface was increased three times with the help of the cooling fins. The cover is finely blasted and also suitable for so-called "BIS" axles, since there is a lubricating web on the inside for the wheel bearings!
Racing flair and technical optimization in one! Developed by reprotec!
The delivery takes place as a complete set with a suitable seal, screws with suitable copper sealing rings and a spacer ring for the Panhard rod. Wow!
Now the question is did you get the first Item from Todd? I never can get up with them. Email, phone call, nothing. I wouldn't mind getting it from Todd, but I'm not going to play "chase my tail" with him. Just my thoughts. Has anyone bought and gotten anything from "Opels unlimited" ? Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,485 Posts
Got my notice from USPS with shipping info. Awesome work Jeff.

Like last time, if anyone needs a pan and missed out feel free to contact me. I got one as a just-in-case or to use / not use. I eventually will put a Getrag in my GT anyways. I had a Gen 2 pan for less than a month.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Got my notice from USPS with shipping info. Awesome work Jeff.

Like last time, if anyone needs a pan and missed out feel free to contact me. I got one as a just-in-case or to use / not use. I eventually will put a Getrag in my GT anyways. I had a Gen 2 pan for less than a month.
My notification just came through as well. Thanks, Jarrell

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Jeff, I just got the new pan delivered to the door this morning. Thank you! Let me tell ya, as super-nice and well engineered the first pan design was, this one is all of that as well as offering more desirable design elements such as the reverse lockout spring retainer and the placement of the oil drain to facilitate better draining of the sump.

My friend, this thing is literally a work of art! :veryhappy

221 - 240 of 276 Posts