Registered
36 Posts
Purchased one from a member. Thank you!

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,485 Posts
Purchased one from a member. Thank you!
I'll ship it tomorrow through USPS and send an email with the tracking number. Thanks!

I do recommend the following drain bolt, maybe with a dab of loctite on the red screw that retains the magnet. I don't think the pan and bolt are lower than other parts of the car. If you'd scrape the trans oi pan, you'd be scraping the engine subframe and engine oil pan.

For a racing GT, I'd consider putting some steel plate under the car anyways and have it flow into a diffusor. You could really improve the GT's aero with some undercarriage improvements.

·
Opeler
3,082 Posts
Opel GT Skid Plate:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet. That's exactly what we do on our endurance road racing Toyota MR2s.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,485 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. There is interest on FB for another run of the gen 3 pan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Whelp, there seems to be growing interest in another run of these. I am working on updating pricing right now (have the seen the price of lumber lately??)
If anyone is interested in another round of Gen 3 pans shoot a message on here and i'll try to get a rough count before taking commitments!

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,485 Posts
I’ll back another round and get one for sure. Depends on the price if I’d get two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
OK so I've got updated pricing based on 5/10/15 piece qtys.
Prices include (same as last time):
Transmission Pan
All Stainless Steel hardware
Magnetic Drain Plug

Pricing Range for the run(Not including $15.50 USPS Flat rate shipping)
5: $258.29/ea
10:$233.39/ea
15: $221.77

To make things easier and to keep track i created a handy Google Forms. If you are able to COMMIT to purchasing one please fill out the below. Lead time will be about 2wks or so.
Commitment Form

Thanks!

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,485 Posts
Right now the form doesn’t work but I can commit to one for sure. Even if I don’t use it, I’ve sold two pans in the past. So, I’m not worried about backing it again.

Anyone going racing should have two of these pans. A complete spare transmission, ready to go could be a good investment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Right now the form doesn’t work but I can commit to one for sure. Even if I don’t use it, I’ve sold two pans in the past. So, I’m not worried about backing it again.

Anyone going racing should have two of these pans. A complete spare transmission, ready to go could be a good investment.
whoops, fixed

261 - 276 of 276 Posts