Opel GT Forum banner
281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
looks like we're almost at 10, so i'll go ahead and pull the trigger on them. Give me a few days to pull together all the logistics for lead-times! Thanks everyone, looking forward to another run

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,882 Posts
That’s good news. Thanks for doing them. Even if I don’t wind up using it, someone always winds up late to the party and really wants one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
That’s good news. Thanks for doing them. Even if I don’t wind up using it, someone always winds up late to the party and really wants one.
As they say; an obscure-part-heavy portfolio always pays off for the... well someone

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Good news everyone! Parts are done at the machinist and done with the anodizing. As soon as I get them i'll be shipping them out!

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,882 Posts
I just paid the 2nd half, so these must be ready to send out. At least for the time being, I have a pan I could sell if someone missed out.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,882 Posts
i did miss out on this, I’ll take it
Once I receive the pan, I can let you know a price for it including shipping. I don't know how often Jeff is on the forum.

In the future if there is more interest to do another run, I'd be happy to back it again. I backed the 2nd gen, 3rd gen 1st batch and now the 2nd batch. It hasn't been difficult to sell these pans. I should have bought 2 of them this time. I haven't tried to make on a profit on these but I bet they would sell on eBay within a year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Everyone should have received a notice from USPS with tracking and shipping info. I was getting them all boxed and kitted up when I realized I had the wrong length cap screw! For whatever reason I ordered 30mm vs 20... probably too many cheese curds one day. Regardless... i ordered the correct hardware from McMaster so it should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. The shop did a nice job on these! They should be in everyone's hands by next weekend!
I DO have 1 more Gen 3 from this batch left (had 9 commitments, did a batch of 10) plus 1 Gen 2 pan (no engraving, no spring retainer, different drain hole location, see BOTTOM photo) with original markups on it planning out Gen3's! Let me know if anyone is interested... or i may just upgrade my original Gen 1 pan on my car to a Gen 3. My Gen 1 works perfectly so its probably time to mess with it

Gen 2 Pan

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,882 Posts
Ben (Pennkraft) missed out. I could sell mine but if you have one to sell, I could hang onto mine.

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
901 Posts
Everyone should have received a notice from USPS with tracking and shipping info. I was getting them all boxed and kitted up when I realized I had the wrong length cap screw! For whatever reason I ordered 30mm vs 20... probably too many cheese curds one day. Regardless... i ordered the correct hardware from McMaster so it should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. The shop did a nice job on these! They should be in everyone's hands by next weekend!
I DO have 1 more Gen 3 from this batch left (had 9 commitments, did a batch of 10) plus 1 Gen 2 pan (no engraving, no spring retainer, different drain hole location, see BOTTOM photo) with original markups on it planning out Gen3's! Let me know if anyone is interested... or i may just upgrade my original Gen 1 pan on my car to a Gen 3. My Gen 1 works perfectly so its probably time to mess with it

View attachment 436218
View attachment 436219
View attachment 436220

Gen 2 Pan
View attachment 436221
If it is still available I would like to have it. Thanks, Carl

281 - 300 of 321 Posts